Player Discussion Matt Rempe - See Mod Note Post 769

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Frank Servalli just posted he doesn't expect a hearing at all in this.

The rest of the league, "IF WE CAN'T HAVE HIM, THEN SUSPEND HIM!"

LOL
That’s because it shouldn’t even have been penalized. It’s a disgrace what this league has become, they literally neutered Krieder. He was one of the most effective hitters in the game, and they called him for everything just because he was stronger than everybody else, and now he barely hits anyone.

Last edited:

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Hopefully he doesn't soften it up now to avoid another big penalty. All he has to do is avoid hitting the head from now on.

Jury is still out on if he will be trust-worthy defensively, but man will the complexion of the team change if he can take a regular shift.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
He looks like this actor.

Attachments

• rempke.jpg
    rempke.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 6

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
I hope Servalli is right and that shuts up all the hand wringers including in the NYR fanbase.

I had the debbies broadcast (Thanks NHL!) and Dano eventually walked back on the illegality of the hit and even mentioned how Rempe is going to have to learn how to hit hard without getting called. It almost sounded like Dano was impressed and giving advice on how to be successful as a heavy hitter.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Deadline is 5 games away and depending what the Rangers do Rempe might head back to Hartford. That said for a little over 9 minutes of ice time total in 3 games he's made quite the impression. Everyone even fans of all the teams we've played since his arrival want to talk about him and only him (and not even as concerned their respective teams losing).....even more so than Igor, Artemi and Adam.....or even Jacob who they all have loved to malign in the past but not hardly even a word about the huge hit he put on Bastian after he came back from his clobbering by Matthew. If anything for me it's been entertaining.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Tbh I thought the penalty was going to be reversed.

It’s a clean hit imo. It’s unfortunate there was head contact

Deadline is 5 games away and depending what the Rangers do Rempe might head back to Hartford. That said for a little over 9 minutes of ice time total in 3 games he's made quite the impression. Everyone even fans of all the teams we've played since his arrival want to talk about him and only him (and not even as concerned their respective teams losing).....even more so than Igor, Artemi and Adam.....or even Jacob who they all have loved to malign in the past but not hardly even a word about the huge hit he put on Bastian after he came back from his clobbering by Matthew. If anything for me it's been entertaining.
It’s pure energy and some swagger. It rubs off

Can’t remember a guy that big that can move that fast

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

Shocker...

It wasn't even a penalty.

People need to look at brian boyle, he was the same size and he hit people all the time without an issue. today's generation of players is the group that grew up without body checking at younger ages and it keeps showing how they have no idea how to be aware on the ice and are surprised if they get HIT instead of just rubbed out.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Glad DoPS had the sense to basically disagree with the on-ice judgment of a match penalty. For me, it was a penalty. Major because blood was spilled. If there was no blood, it should've been a minor.

Not going to repeat what others have said because it's redundant. Rempe will learn the finer points of the art of hitting within today's rules -- perceived and written -- with time and experience.

Look, he's the Jack Reacher of hockey. Is it fair to normally sized players? No. Just like they invented the trapezoid because some goalies were too good at moving the puck.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Tbh I thought the penalty was going to be reversed.

It’s a clean hit imo. It’s unfortunate there was head contact
I thought the exact same last night. Was pissed it wasnt reverese.

But those refs were so far up the devils ass last night it wasnt even funny.

Their interpretation of the rulebook was just awful. Even on black and white instances.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I thought the exact same last night. Was pissed it wasnt reverese.

But those refs were so far up the devils ass last night it wasnt even funny.

Their interpretation of the rulebook was just awful. Even on black and white instances.
A “roughing” before a fight but not an instigator

The league needs to hammer it out and have everyone on the same page

Instigator should be a double minor or major off of a clean play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad