Player Discussion Matt Rempe - See Mod Note Post 769

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
So long as the kid stays within himself, plays a defensively responsible game and can chip in the odd goal or two, he can be a fixture for this teams 4th line for a long time.
Maybe staying within himself is destroying two opponents on the same shift which neuters the opposing team for the rest of the game. Like he did to NJ.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
young kids need to standout, you can say whatever you want but he has made an impact and stood out. his physicality is also something that teams are more and more going to be aware of and i am certain that defensemen will be aware of it

All I'm saying is if the Rangers make a move for a forward it could push Rempe out at least temporarily. IMO from what we've seen of Rempe so far I wouldn't hesitate to use him in a playoff setting where play tends to get more physical and intense. I don't know what the Rangers will do at the deadline though and that leaves things kind of up in the air for now.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I have been on the site for almost 13 years and have never seen the kind of idealistic impartiality you're describing.

Next time someone makes one of our guys bleed with a clean hit, I'm going to call everyone out with a smile.
I think matt carkner was right for jumping brian boyle fyi. Pastrnak’s hit on lindgren (which sole intent was to injure) was far worse than rempe on bastian

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Phone battery at 73%. It's a sign.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240223_151358_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240223_151358_Chrome.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: Captain Lindy

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Did anyone else think that he’d make his NHL debut this year? It seems like he was the most improved prospect in the Rangers organization.

Edström was a lock for me to make the team at some point in the season. Rempe I did not expect but when the AHL season started, he looked just so much better than last season. The jump in his game is incredible. The kid earned it 100%

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
I have been on the site for almost 13 years and have never seen the kind of idealistic impartiality you're describing.

Next time someone makes one of our guys bleed with a clean hit, I'm going to call everyone out with a smile.
Go for it if it makes you feel better but every time Lindgren has had his bell rung I've seen almost every poster say he needs to protect himself rather than whine like a bitch that the opposition needs to hit less hard.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Forget the hit for a second.

Sigenthaler taking a swipe at him, eating one and immediately hitting the eject button was a million times more enjoyable to watch.

I hope his other skills are good enough to stick. Hard to get a read on that because he’s barely played and the minutes he has he’s played with Goodrow.
is there a video of this?

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Forget the hit for a second.

Sigenthaler taking a swipe at him, eating one and immediately hitting the eject button was a million times more enjoyable to watch.

I hope his other skills are good enough to stick. Hard to get a read on that because he’s barely played and the minutes he has he’s played with Goodrow.
You could almost hear Seigenthaler say, "Whoa! NEVER MIND!" after taking a punch from Rempe.

Go for it if it makes you feel better but every time Lindgren has had his bell rung I've seen almost every poster say he needs to protect himself rather than whine like a bitch that the opposition needs to hit less hard.
This! Exactly!

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable is not permitted. In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:
- (i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not "picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.
- (ii) Whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position by assuming a posture that made head contact on an otherwise full body check unavoidable.
- (iii) Whether the opponent materially changed the position of his body or head immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit in a way that significantly contributed to the head contact.
48.2 Minor Penalty – For violation of this rule, a minor penalty shall be assessed.
48.3 Major Penalty – There is no provision for a major penalty for this rule.
48.4 Game Misconduct Penalty – There is no provision for a game misconduct for this rule.

48.5 Match Penalty- "The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgment, the player attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent with an illegal check to the head"

By penalizing for check to the head, the refs essentially locked themselves into a minor or match penalty situation. Based on the force of the contact and the injury sustained by the Devils player, they basically had to call it a match. Would've been a similar situation if they called it charging though tbh, given rule 42.5
42.5 Game Misconduct Penalty - When a major penalty is imposed under this rule for an infraction resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Whole league took note last night.

Exactly the kind of mind games you want along with a winning streak and a bangin' record marching into the po's.

I'm so ready. I hope they green light this kid the rest of the year. Last night was a huge lesson and he and lavi and the boys will have a real talk. As much as I'm 'meh' on him outside of his crushing hits - Trouba putting on that captain hat for this kid is a good thing right now.
9-game win streak
Rempe has arrived and will make a HUGE impact
Lafreniere is looking like a 1OA
Perreault is looking like a top 5 draft pick
Embarrassed 2 of our rivals back to back

I’ve been pretty negative recently, but these are some good times if you’re a Rangers fan

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Remember Tie Domi when he started in the Rangers organization (he was originally with the Leafs) and was playing in Binghamton when the Rangers had their AHL team there. Not nearly the size of Rempe but he was such a ferocious player that even on a team where he was down a ways as far as production stats he was like the fan favorite and almost every time I saw him there as far as entertainment it was like the circus had just come to town and he did have some skills. A tough guy can bring excitement for fans of the team. Avery at least his first go round did too. I'd rather Rempe was a bit less cocky at least outside the rink though. The best thing is for Matthew to keep on working on his weaknesses as a player.....the roughhousing part of the game is more than good enough already.....it's the other stuff that could really make him a valuable player. This next example might not be so popular but Tom Wilson his first couple/three seasons was pretty much 4th line material. He worked at making himself a better player though. That's what Rempe really needs to do too. If he gets to the point where he can chip in 8-10 goals and 15/20 points a year and be responsibly defensively then we'll have a very valuable 4th line player.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable is not permitted. In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:
- (i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not "picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.
- (ii) Whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position by assuming a posture that made head contact on an otherwise full body check unavoidable.
- (iii) Whether the opponent materially changed the position of his body or head immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit in a way that significantly contributed to the head contact.
48.2 Minor Penalty – For violation of this rule, a minor penalty shall be assessed.
48.3 Major Penalty – There is no provision for a major penalty for this rule.
48.4 Game Misconduct Penalty – There is no provision for a game misconduct for this rule.

48.5 Match Penalty- "The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgment, the player attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent with an illegal check to the head"

By penalizing for check to the head, the refs essentially locked themselves into a minor or match penalty situation. Based on the force of the contact and the injury sustained by the Devils player, they basically had to call it a match. Would've been a similar situation if they called it charging though tbh, given rule 42.5
42.5 Game Misconduct Penalty - When a major penalty is imposed under this rule for an infraction resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.
Well, if they did the right thing and not call the penalty on the play, according to subsection II of section 48.1, which is if the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation right now that it was clean that’s it let’s move on.

Reactions: E-Train and bhamill

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Guys, I'm really shaking my head at some of you. The head is the primary point of contact AND Bastian was injured. Even on a good hit, that has to be a call.

You would be f***ing apoplectic if this happened to someone on the Rangers.

It is absolutely a major. No supplemental discipline needed.
You realize you just said that there “HAS to be a call” “even on a GOOD hit”? No, there doesn’t. It was a full body hit. If Bastian hadn’t been hunched over, oblivious, and leading with his head there would have been no issue. Because he led with his head it was the first thing impacted, but then the rest of his body was. It wasn’t a head targeting hit, and it CERTAINLY wasn’t an attempt to injure. Which is what a match penalty is. The officials got it wrong, DoPS got it right.
Also, WRONG. I would not be apoplectic. Maybe you would. Dont project. And cut the hubris!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad