Confirmed with Link: Matiss Kivlenieks has passed away at age 24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I read that he was in a jacuzzi with his friends and the firework was coming and they tried to dodge it, but apparently it hit him and killed him. I wonder if he was part of the group that was shooting these fireworks or did this firework come from outsiders?

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Before the pandemic, my son played at the same rink the Monsters practiced at. Even though they had their own secluded dressing area a couple times Kivi walked though the area where the kids were dressing, and let them see, and talk to a "a real goalie" (my son's words)

Just an awesome human, such a tragic situation

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
This is utterly horrendous news. I feel so sorry for all of the people who witnessed it because that sort of thing stays with you.
And to add to this. To happen on Legace's Daughter and Son in law's wedding day/reception. From a happy day to a sad day. Every anniversary, they'll remember this tragic event.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I've been moving so my news intake has been curtailed by a lot, but this stood out. Such an awful thing to happen, I feel so bad for his family. RIP Kivi.

Reactions: Toe Pick

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Sincerest condolences especially to the family of Matiss. Gone far too young with so much ahead of him. I am sure the Columbus organization will create an appropriate tribute for Matiss. Perhaps retiring the number of creating something in his memory. So very sad.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
No words can do this justice...I've got a 24-year old of my own.

Rest in peace, Matiss. From all the posts the last 24 hours, it's clear he was a beloved teammate and friend.

My daughter is 23. She called me yesterday to tell me she was leaving work early because she didn’t feel good and passed out. At the time I was like ‘oh my good she could’ve hit her head.’

She’s ok. But I’m still hurting for Matiss’ parents.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

In the first call, a woman clearly states that there’s been a “fireworks malfunction.” In the second, which sounds like the same voice, she says “we have someone here who has been hit by a firework. Can you come immediately? He’s breathing. We have a nurse here. He’s breathing, but he’s doing not good.”
The third call, which sounds like a different voice than the first two calls, says “hit with fireworks” when asked to describe the emergency. She later adds that Kivlenieks was “getting ready to go into convulsions.”
Each of the three 911 calls have been heavily edited, specifically when the dispatcher asks for the address of the emergency. Meier declined to say if the incident occurred at Legace’s home, but other sources have confirmed that.
Blue Jackets goaltender Merzlikins was present, but it’s unclear if any other Blue Jackets or NHL players were at Legace’s home that evening.
It should have been a day of celebration. Not just the Fourth of July, but the marriage of Legace’s daughter, Sabrina, was held earlier in the day.
But there were no signs of celebration on Tuesday, just five cars parked in Legace’s driveway throughout the day, at least one of them with Ohio license plates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad