Confirmed with Link: Matiss Kivlenieks has passed away at age 24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
This part is of deep concern to the CBJ and Legace, I would imagine:

Novi fire chief Jeff Johnson, whose station was first to respond to the 911 calls placed from Legace’s home, said the responding firefighters would not be able to comment publicly until the police report is finalized.
“They’re also considered potential witnesses,” Johnson said. “The police have an ongoing investigation and it could lead to some kind of criminal or civil proceeding as it develops. It’s an evolving situation.”

Reactions: leafsgirl12

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’ll wait until we see what sort of plans are in place but I would definitely buy a t shirt or maybe even a jersey in his memory if the proceeds were being donated appropriately. It looks like the NHL shop has removed him from the options to personalize items but I wouldn’t feel right doing it unless the profits were directed accordingly.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
This part is of deep concern to the CBJ and Legace, I would imagine:
As a human being I'm worried about Manny and Elvis. I don't know if there is any real neglect that makes any form of criminal changes a concern based on what we've seen reported but these types of things change people if they witnessed it happen. I hope all involved take and utilize all of the support they will have available to them. I feel like this will be extra hard for Manny. I can't imagine how I would feel coming back to coach a team knowing one of my players died in an accident at my house. The guilt could be unbearable.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
As a human being I'm worried about Manny and Elvis. I don't know if there is any real neglect that makes any form of criminal changes a concern based on what we've seen reported but these types of things change people if they witnessed it happen. I hope all involved take and utilize all of the support they will have available to them. I feel like this will be extra hard for Manny. I can't imagine how I would feel coming back to coach a team knowing one of my players died in an accident at my house. The guilt could be unbearable.
As a visitor, please allow me to first express my condolences.

Second, in my world of social work and health services, your words speak of deep empathy.

To you.
d8c5391a26cad75e3f88e86eb4fdc880.gif

May there be some healing out of this tragedy for all involved.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
I am as shocked as after the death of Brittanie Cecil and have a lot of questions for Michigan hospital’s ER staff. Tired young man after falling and hitting his head, why control head CT scan wasn’t done, neurosurgery hasn’t been consulted?

But unfortunately Matiss cannot be returned. RIP
it wasn't head trauma that killed him it was a fireworks mortar shell hitting him in the chest according to the medical examiner

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
As an employee at Providence Novi, all I can say is You don't know what happened. We do. Obviously, HIPAA prevents us from saying anything. But do not question the care he got as somehow attributing to his death.
it's known now that head trauma didn't cause his death

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

We all saw how Knutsen's play fell like a rock after the Cecil incident, obviously it's a different circumstance for Elvis, but the shock and grief he feels for someone he considers a brother is probably comparable.

Reactions: leafsgirl12

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We all saw how Knutsen's play fell like a rock after the Cecil incident, obviously it's a different circumstance for Elvis, but the shock and grief he feels for someone he considers a brother is probably comparable.
This is true. We only know what we’ve been told so far but hopefully Elvis can take solace in the fact that his actions don’t appear to have had any impact on the situation. What we don’t know is if he was nearby or even in the hot tub with him and starts feeling guilt because he survived and wasn’t the one injured in such a close call.

I know I wouldn’t know what to feel or think if I had seen it happen and started wondering “what if I was sitting there instead?” Or “it should have been me sitting there instead of him.”

I’m not a psychologist or psychiatrist or anything like that but I’m just thinking and trying to wrap my head around what I would be thinking if I was present and this happened to a very close friend.

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio

Usually I hate when idiots even get the time of day but I'm honestly glad Elvis put this guy in his place. Awful that Elvis even saw that tweet but he handled it well all things considered.

The tributes and support I've seen for Kivi's family, Elvis and Manny, and for the entire CBJ family have been truly amazing. I hope all parties are able to be strong in his honor.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

Usually I hate when idiots even get the time of day but I'm honestly glad Elvis put this guy in his place. Awful that Elvis even saw that tweet but he handled it well all things considered.

The tributes and support I've seen for Kivi's family, Elvis and Manny, and for the entire CBJ family have been truly amazing. I hope all parties are able to be strong in his honor.

I f***ing hate humans. Imagine thinking this is a solid tweet to make (obv not talking about Elvis)

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021

ON YT there is lots of people who really, really stupid. I was shaming them non stop.

CaptainCrunch28

Jun 1, 2019
I had dreams for Elvis possibly being the goalie to get us a cup but it’s pretty clear this man can’t do jt. And he will never be able to he just doesn’t have it (and it sucks!)

but at this point you gotta trade him ASAP. Either him or korp was getting traded I think this cements it elvis needs to be traded he is not the man for the cbj

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
I had dreams for Elvis possibly being the goalie to get us a cup but it’s pretty clear this man can’t do jt. And he will never be able to he just doesn’t have it (and it sucks!)

but at this point you gotta trade him ASAP. Either him or korp was getting traded I think this cements it elvis needs to be traded he is not the man for the cbj

Maybe let's not write him off before he's able to play a second in the NHL since the incident?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

DecimalReasonableAnophelesmosquito-size_restricted.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad