Matias Maccelli has been quietly burning down villages

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Different names, different nationalities. Where was he right?
They both obviously have Italian roots and it's even more obviously the same name slightly adjusted for their native language just like Matthew, Matvei, Matas, etc. would be in the other countries?

Don't really see the point of this "they aren't similar at all" act.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
They both obviously have Italian roots and it's even more obviously the same name slightly adjusted for their native language just like Matthew, Matvei, Matas, etc. would be in the other countries?

Don't really see the point of this "they aren't similar at all" act.
Similar is not the same. Too different things. Read the posts.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
One difference is that Zuccarello comes from a single parent household whereas Maccelli was featured in the news already over 12 years ago in a piece about multi-generational families.

13-3-5687083

(Matias on the right)

Says his goal in life is to become an NHL player, but his coach dad was more skeptical about such perspectives.

Reactions: egelband

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Such a deceptive player. Rewards the spectator many a time a game.

Say what you will but the Coyotes are a great bunch. Having caught a game every now and then this season I gotta say I've enjoyed more or less every one of them. A fun team to watch.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Didn’t know much about him up until I saw him twice in the same week against the Oil. For me, he looks similar to Johnny Gaudreau, except maybe trade a shade of skill for better defensive ability/puck tenacity. I was very impressed with what I saw.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Didn’t know much about him up until I saw him twice in the same week against the Oil. For me, he looks similar to Johnny Gaudreau, except maybe trade a shade of skill for better defensive ability/puck tenacity. I was very impressed with what I saw.

I haven’t seen Gaudreau level speed from him. He’s quick, and his edgework is weirdly similar, but he doesn’t seem to have the same top gear.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I know that they will gift Beniers the calder but, the moral winner is Maccelli.
He is the better player now and in the future.

Nothing away from Beniers, he'll be a great two-way center in the NHL,
Maccelli is just level(s) above him.

Predicting it right here, right now; Maccelli future 100 point player

• Haha
Reactions: Dr Aidonis Bison

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
George, FFS. Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one. You don’t have to always try and be coy.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I know that they will gift Beniers the calder but, the moral winner is Maccelli.
He is the better player now and in the future.

Nothing away from Beniers, he'll be a great two-way center in the NHL,
Maccelli is just level(s) above him.

Predicting it right here, right now; Maccelli future 100 point player

No way he ever scores 100 points with such poor finishing skills.

Reactions: heksagon

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a consistant 55-60 points scorer with occasional seasons that top that if he gets to play with a real sniper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad