SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
his grandfather was a high level athlete so the genetics are there

1668376864548.gif

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
He went to the Alex Tanguay school of hockey - pass up every shooting opportunity unless he absolutely has to.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
He has 2 career goals in 38 games. Why is this a thread?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
It's a joke about Tony Danza's character from Who's the Boss (although his name was spelled differently).
Ah. Only heard from that show in other more recent american shows. Sweden usef to have just state television so no one would rerun the old shows.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I never understood why he fell that far in the draft. I assumed it must've been some sort of attitude thing, or the way he came across in interviews or something? One of those things that we're not privy to as fans. The kind of weird situation as a Finnish player in the US? The production was there and obvious, the extremely high level of skill was evident. He looked to me, like a more balanced (less pure goal-scoring) version of the (good) young Jeff Skinner.

Though, i also thought Hunter Shinkaruk looked like that. And well...that never materialized. So...win some, you lose some. But The 4th round, it seemed kinda silly at the time, and looks really silly right now.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I never understood why he fell that far in the draft. I assumed it must've been some sort of attitude thing, or the way he came across in interviews or something? One of those things that we're not privy to as fans. The kind of weird situation as a Finnish player in the US? The production was there and obvious, the extremely high level of skill was evident. He looked to me, like a more balanced (less pure goal-scoring) version of the (good) young Jeff Skinner.

Though, i also thought Hunter Shinkaruk looked like that. And well...that never materialized. So...win some, you lose some. But The 4th round, it seemed kinda silly at the time, and looks really silly right now.
He was playing in the USHL and was tiny. USHL isn't thought highly of in the first place, let alone a dude who was under 6'0.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He was playing in the USHL and was tiny. USHL isn't thought highly of in the first place, let alone a dude who was under 6'0.

Is he that tiny though? He's more like...marginally tiny.

It's definitely an overlooked league, and genuinely...nobody has any clue how production translates from that league. But he looked every bit the part in the process of producing there. He oozed offensive potential.

Reactions: mattihp

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
He has 2 career goals in 38 games. Why is this a thread?
He turned 22 a month ago and had 9 in 13 on the worst offense in the league. 9 in 13 equates to 56 in 82. So at the time of this thread being made he was looking pretty good as pretty much a rookie. Not a whole lot of 21/22yo who can say the same.

Is he that tiny though? He's more like...marginally tiny.

It's definitely an overlooked league, and genuinely...nobody has any clue how production translates from that league. But he looked every bit the part in the process of producing there. He oozed offensive potential.
I agree, but he was a lot smaller back then. About 5'9 I think.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He turned 22 a month ago and had 9 in 13 on the worst offense in the league. 9 in 13 equates to 56 in 82. So at the time of this thread being made he was looking pretty good as pretty much a rookie. Not a whole lot of 21/22yo who can say the same.

I agree, but he was a lot smaller back then. About 5'9 I think.

He doesn't look that much bigger to me, today. But who knows. Like the scouting of that league, the coverage of it is pretty sketchy.

I still think he looks like more or less about the same size "small skill guy" he was as a prospect. It's not like he was Sean Dhooge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad