Matias Maccelli has been quietly burning down villages

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Pretty good pro career so far : 45 goals, 108 assists, 153 points (0.82 ppg)
In the Sm-Liiga, AHL and NHL. - straight from the USHL to pro btw and is just 22 years old.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
He has Panarin like vision, i hope he continues to develope into that kind of player. Still long way to go, but potential is there for sure.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Jeesus - didnt even know the kid is almost PPG. I knew he was an ok player, but Arizona might get a gem here.

23gp 2g 17a 19p +1

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Pizzeria Maccelli has arrived in NHL!

maccelli.PNG

• Haha
Reactions: Thehair17 and Keke

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I'm curious, where are all these villages being burned down by hockey players.

I'm glad that Hfboards is coming forward with this literal epidemic in village-burning.

It has to stop.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I just absolutely love his movement, his soft touch on the ice, easily changes angles,
direction, really easy to eye.

His passes are quick and most importantly accurate.

Also, doesn't need much space for his passing, which is good.

Reactions: Keke

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
I think next Teräväinen would also be good compearable
His passing ability goes under the radar. I remember when he first broke in with the Blackhawks guys were fumbling chances because they didn’t expect the precision and how quickly he got them off from seemingly anywhere.

Reactions: Keke

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Great young player. He's got great vision and quick hands + feet combo like Gaudreau.

Would like to see him get to scoring areas a bit more but I think that's going to come for him.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Great young player. He's got great vision and quick hands + feet combo like Gaudreau.

Would like to see him get to scoring areas a bit more but I think that's going to come for him.
He’s extremely good at rolling off of contact in traffic. Reminds me of Garland in this way. I actually believe this will prove to be the biggest difference maker in his game.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Add me to the list of "oh who is this" at the end of last season when he got the handful of games in. I've been watching the game recaps and his highlights, and he looks very good. Great vision as said. He's getting PP time and seems to use it very well, he gets primary and secondary assists and many of them are great plays. No clue if he has defensive lapses or something like that but he's +1 at the moment so at least not bleeding goals either. Certainly could be a big part of Arizona's renaissance in the future - heck, he already is.

Jage

Oct 29, 2022
Add me to the list of "oh who is this" at the end of last season when he got the handful of games in.

If you really are in Finland, I dont know how its possible you have missed Maccelli while playing in Ilves previously.

If you have just moved to Finland, then maybe I understand.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
If you really are in Finland, I dont know how its possible you have missed Maccelli while playing in Ilves previously.
Ok maybe it rings a bell him being on Ilves. But I don't really follow Liiga these days, and Ilves hasn't had a lot of success/mainstream attention in recent years with Tappara and Kärpät dominating (if this is wrong then just shows how much I know, and of course excluding the Nokia Arena hype). I've heard more of Thomson playing for Ilves than Maccelli, and I was expecting/hoping to see Thomson have a great season in Liiga and then go to NHL but he didn't do that great (afair). Looks like they played the exact same years in Ilves. Maybe it's just me but I feel there was more hype about Thomson than Maccelli at the time.

Anyhow I did mean more in the NHL sense, i.e. Maccelli hasn't been talked much in the rookie articles - I guess he's not eligible this year so that explains that, and last year maybe the production wasn't that high and Arizona doesn't get the highest of attention. So Maccelli has flown under the radar for many NHL fans I feel, and certainly for me. Happy for the kid though!

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
19 points but only 2 goals..he’s taken 37 shots so far. Is he just unlucky or is his shot not a threat like his playmaking must be

his oiSH% is almost 14, that should cool off a bit, but I’m surprised by his stats

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
19 points but only 2 goals..he’s taken 37 shots so far. Is he just unlucky or is his shot not a threat like his playmaking must be

his oiSH% is almost 14, that should cool off a bit, but I’m surprised by his stats
He has only 18 shots on goal. S% ia 11.1. Clearly is a pass first guy., but should be able to shoot more than once/gp. Otherwise its too easy to defend against him.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
After missing 1 month and 6 days worth of games, he returned last Monday, didn't miss a beat,
he just does so many little things right.

Also made this beauty of a pass.

Sure before injury he went 4 games without a point but he is still
very high at the Calder race, 24 points in 33 games. 5th in rookie scoring.
12 points behind Beniers*, **, yes its 12 points but, with 6, 7 game hot streak
anything can happen. - only 5 points behind Perfetti, whos 2nd

*played 15 games fewer what Beniers
**Beniers has scored 1 goal in his last 8 games, no points in his last 7.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
We really have solid wingers in our organisation. Keller, Schmaltz, Maccelli, Guenther, and Crouse all have top-6 potential or already are top-6 players.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad