Massive changes coming to Vancouver Canucks coaching staff Monday

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Vancouver Canucks are one of the biggest dumpster fires in the league ... I was up there when they lost in 2011... Literal dumpster fires

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
550E6F2D-727C-4ECE-80BC-123B5265CFE2.jpeg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The only thing holding this up seems to be that Tocchett can’t leave his TV gig yet.

Is it normal for a TV network to make a coaching candidate analyst have to give weeks of advance notice before leaving for a coaching position? Isn’t the whole point to “guest analyze” while waiting for an opportunity?

I would think TSN and CBC don’t have that kind of restriction in place.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
How much of that period did you watch?
I don't know if showing up in the last 25 minutes of a game that's already 4-0, against a team that's playing at like 12:30am in their own body clocks is that impressive.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
I don't know if showing up in the last 25 minutes of a game that's already 4-0, against a team that's playing at like 12:30am in their own body clocks is that impressive.
The eye test, and statistics (minus the one that really counts) doesn’t flatter this opinion.

Letting in 4 goals on 10 shots may be a big part of the problem.

Reactions: bh53

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
The eye test, and statistics (minus the one that really counts) doesn’t flatter this opinion.

Letting in 4 goals on 10 shots may be a big part of the problem.
Canucks have like a 44 xgf% over the season, having good metrics in a game that's over in the 1st period just means TBL were conserving energy for their back to back.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
The Sens main issue is literally finishing (They can improve a bit on their defensive zone coverage as well, but there are many teams in the playoff spots that are awful defensively, so if they can come close or even excel their finishing, they'd be comfortably in a playoff spot). Boudreau's system always seems to make players overproduce their xGF, so I'd love to give him a try.

he's a good coach. im not bias

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Canucks have like a 44 xgf% over the season, having good metrics in a game that's over in the 1st period just means TBL were conserving energy for their back to back.
Canucks have been terrible this year, agreed.

Canucks outplayed TBL the majority of the first period. The 1st goal was a bad defensive breakdown (typical) goals 2 and 3 (especially 3) the goalie has to make a save. After that I can get behind your notion that Tampa started to cruise.

The entirety of the game, including the first period the chances were heavily slanted in the Canucks favour. My posts were just trying to highlight that clearly those posters were just looking at the scoreboard and not actually watching the game. If there is a reason BB deserves to be fired, it is not this game.

I am not a giant BB fan, but he deserves a lot better than what Rutherford and this trash organization has put him through since last season ended.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Good for Boudreau. The Canucks are a mess.

good for Bruce if true, get out of that clownshow organization

Sens need to offer the moon for Boudreau.

Bruce Boudreau has always been a good coach

Good for Bruce, this franchise is a dumpster fire lol. Disgusting how they're treating him

I've starting to wonder if Boudreau pays people to post favorable comments on HF.

I've never seen such a terrible coach get so much love.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Weekes has a good track record.
He was full of shit on the Kaprizov news during the summer.

Boudreau is a good coach. I’m not sure if it’s time for him to retire, or not, but a team can do worse than to hire him. Vancouver…ugh….such a promising young team destroyed by incompetent management. It must be maddening to their fans.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Every single time I talk about how the Canucks leak stuff in threads here a Canucks fan says definitely there are no leaks in that organization based on apparently nothing. How the hell can a coaching change like this leak so early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad