Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
But the Internet isn't what charged him?
But him being charged doesnt mean hes guilty either. Point is when stuff like this happens, people are way too quick to make up their mind knowing very little.

He could very well have done it...but thats up for the state to prove beyond reasonable doubt in court. Until then, people shouldnt be calling for his head or saying nothing to see here.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
But him being charged doesnt mean hes guilty either. Point is when stuff like this happens, people are way too quick to make up their mind knowing very little.

He could very well have done it...but thats up for the state to prove beyond reasonable doubt in court. Until then, people shouldnt be calling for his head or saying nothing to see here.
Right, but the post I replied to said accused, so it's a bit odd to point out people being too quick on the thing the justice system has so far agreed on.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
This is a little different than the usual he said she said situation with celebrities. If she has physical signs of being hit and strangled where did it come from if he's innocent? I don't see much of a way out of this for him in terms of restoring his reputation. She was probably saying some stuff like Bill Burr's joke about Chris Brown/Rihanna or hitting him in a way that's no threat to a guy that size. Not good enough of an excuse to send her to the hospital.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Who is to say that Disney wouldn’t just give this woman some hush money and make this go away. They’ve invested hundreds of millions in Majors. If he has to go to prison that ruins/fundamentally changes a lot of their plans.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Who is to say that Disney wouldn’t just give this woman some hush money and make this go away. They’ve invested hundreds of millions in Majors. If he has to go to prison that ruins/fundamentally changes a lot of their plans.
:whatever: Now that you mention it, Jonathan Majors has been pretty rude to me too.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Again. If the case is dropped it doesn't mean it didn't happen and it doesn't mean people are lying about his past.
The lawyer is saying there is video and multiple witnesses. If this happened in the back of a cab like it is reported it shouldn't be difficult to get to the truth here. Add in that he is the one that actually called 911. I think people should probably just wait for the evidence to become public before coming to any conclusions. He could have beat her in the back of the cab...or his girlfriend could be dealing with mental health issues.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The lawyer is saying there is video and multiple witnesses. If this happened in the back of a cab like it is reported it shouldn't be difficult to get to the truth here. Add in that he is the one that actually called 911. I think people should probably just wait for the evidence to become public before coming to any conclusions. He could have beat her in the back of the cab...or his girlfriend could be dealing with mental health issues.

I'm not commenting on evidence none of us have seen. All I'm saying is there's no sense in what Jussi said. Whether or not the girlfriend recanted the statement has no bearing on the accounts that Majors has a history of being cruel and abusive in his New York days. Those statements could still be true. But those people haven't presented an ounce of proof so you can't really take them as absolute truth either.

As to what I said specifically about recanting doesn't mean it didn't happen, the standard of proof is innocent until proven guilty. But that doesn't mean an accusation is bullshit until proven true either. A recanted statement doesn't mean an offense didn't happen.

I don’t understand

Seemed rather clear as a facetious way to say "People can say whatever they want, doesn't make it true."

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I'm not commenting on evidence none of us have seen. All I'm saying is there's no sense in what Jussi said. Whether or not the girlfriend recanted the statement has no bearing on the accounts that Majors has a history of being cruel and abusive in his New York days. Those statements could still be true. But those people haven't presented an ounce of proof so you can't really take them as absolute truth either.

As to what I said specifically about recanting doesn't mean it didn't happen, the standard of proof is innocent until proven guilty. But that doesn't mean an accusation is bullshit until proven true either. A recanted statement doesn't mean an offense didn't happen.

Seemed rather clear as a facetious way to say "People can say whatever they want, doesn't make it true."
Right I am not saying it didn't happen, just that in this case this supposedly happened in a public setting. It should be pretty cut and dry once all the evidence comes out. If there were witnesses and video of the event. I don't really put any stock into a couple twitter complaints honestly. That is pretty standard fare whenever something like this happens.

Reactions: HanSolo

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ike Perlmutter canned by Disney from Marvel Entertainment division which is the comic publishing etc, not the MCU "Marvel Studios" division and the President of that Marvel Entertainment will now report to Kevin Feige.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Ike Perlmutter canned by Disney from Marvel Entertainment division which is the comic publishing etc, not the MCU "Marvel Studios" division and the President of that Marvel Entertainment will now report to Kevin Feige.

They're finally absorbing the comics division. It was always going to happen. Now Disney will have direct control over the content.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
His attorney released an alleged copy of a text exchange (between the victim and Majors) following the incident:

E28A8E2E-CC1C-47B8-8513-FCCBCCB2CBAE.jpeg

I don’t know if he thought it would be good PR, but it sure doesn’t look good.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Still not super confident with it, but now that I've rewatched a handful, I think it's starting to take shape. Maybe Black Panther should still be first, it's probably the most "relevant" of these, but the Netflix shows are just better written and better told than pretty much everything MCU (and overall more fun). The first season of Jessica Jones should be the real #1, the rest of the show just didn't match it though.

The other Netflix shows, Luke Cage and the Defenders, would probably fall between 20 and 30. Iron Fist I don't remember much of, except that every side characters were more interesting than the main one. It would probably fall somewhere to the bottom of the list. Didn't rank What If? Becauce I really didn't care for it, and haven't seen the last Ant-Man.

Untitled-5.jpg

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Still not super confident with it, but now that I've rewatched a handful, I think it's starting to take shape. Maybe Black Panther should still be first, it's probably the most "relevant" of these, but the Netflix shows are just better written and better told than pretty much everything MCU (and overall more fun). The first season of Jessica Jones should be the real #1, the rest of the show just didn't match it though.

The other Netflix shows, Luke Cage and the Defenders, would probably fall between 20 and 30. Iron Fist I don't remember much of, except that every side characters were more interesting than the main one. It would probably fall somewhere to the bottom of the list. Didn't rank What If? Becauce I really didn't care for it, and haven't seen the last Ant-Man.

View attachment 678903

I loved Netflix's Punisher. I didn't really like the Daredevil/Elektra dynamic in Defenders so that always makes me think I don't like the Daredevil stand alone seasons, but those are also really good. Iron Fist is straight garbage.

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Thomas Haden Church back as Sandman in the MCU/Spider-Man films?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

View attachment 678903

Moon Night at 35 and Shang Chi at 30.... Yikes what a bad list.

Gurn

Jan 23, 2023
I know it's the movies, however:
How is it that in WW1984, Dianna had trouble making a coffee cup disappear, yet with approx. half her power gone is able to make an entire jet go invisible to both sight and radar?

Also in Aquaman-how is it the some Atlantean full bloods are able to breathe air yet others suffocate?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Thunderbolts starts production in Atlanta in early June and will be released about a year later.

Yelena Belova, Winter Soldier, Red Guardian, Valentina Allegra de Fontaine, US Agent, Ghost, and Taskmaster.

I didn't realize that this will close out Phase 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad