Player Discussion Marner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I'm not sure why these threads keep getting locked. He's a core player and a UFA at the end of the year, so of course we are gonna discuss him. It's also one of the most popular topics, which shows that people are interested in talking about him. If it's not your thing, you can always skip the thread, just like with any other.

To get things started, I have to say I liked Marner's recent interview. It felt down-to-earth, without any attitude or entitlement, just like any other player speaking. Nice job.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I'm not sure why these threads keep getting locked. He's a core player and a UFA at the end of the year, so of course we are gonna discuss him. It's also one of the most popular topics, which shows that people are interested in talking about him. If it's not your thing, you can always skip the thread, just like with any other.

To get things started, I have to say I liked Marner's recent interview. It felt down-to-earth, without any attitude or entitlement, just like any other player speaking. Nice job.
Is this an imposter Antropovsky?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I wonder if he's starting to worry a bit that he's not a slam dunk to be resigned? Considering how badly he seems to want to stay here, that could certainly be the catalyst for an attitude adjustment.

If he can learn how to stop looking so unlikeable in interviews, maybe there's some hope that he can figure out how to be a factor in the biggest playoff games? I can't say I have a ton of optimism in this regard but I'm desperately looking for a reason to believe.

Reactions: Antropovsky

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I wonder if he's starting to worry a bit that he's not a slam dunk to be resigned? Considering how badly he seems to want to stay here, that could certainly be the catalyst for an attitude adjustment.

If he can learn how to stop looking so unlikeable in interviews, maybe there's some hope that he can figure out how to be a factor in the biggest playoff games? I can't say I have a ton of optimism in this regard but I'm desperately looking for a reason to believe.
Tre was very vocal prior to signing Matthews and Nylander that the goal was to sign them no matter what.

He's said nothing like this about Marner, at all. It doesn't exactly disclose their plans for him but it definitely says something .

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Maybe because there's been something like 2000 posts where one portion of the fanbase say he's a bum and the Leafs should dump him and another group disagrees and the same arguments keep getting regurgitated.
Say that is true who cares? Nobody's got a gun to your head forcing you to click and read these threads.

Reactions: Antropovsky

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
This should go well...

Say that is true who cares? Nobody's got a gun to your head forcing you to click and read these threads.

I'll go out on a limb and say the guy who asked why the threads keeps getting locked?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I've been on these boards for 17 years and never once wanted a thread closed. I just don't click on it. Are there post or thread limits?

If a thread keeps popping up, or it has many pages, it means people want to discuss it... on a discussion board. Funny how that works.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I've been on these boards for 17 years and never once wanted a thread closed. I just don't click on it. Are there post or thread limits?

If a thread keeps popping up, or it has many pages, it means people want to discuss it... on a discussion board. Funny how that works.
This is exactly it. I like Matthews, there's probably been 100000 threads on the main boards criticizing/trashing Matthews. There's no point going in there and demanding threads be closed. If I don't wanna read it, I just don't click on any of the threads.

Why does it all of a sudden become so different over here?

Ad

Ad

Ad