Player Discussion Marner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I'm not sure why these threads keep getting locked. He's a core player and a UFA at the end of the year, so of course we are gonna discuss him. It's also one of the most popular topics, which shows that people are interested in talking about him. If it's not your thing, you can always skip the thread, just like with any other.

To get things started, I have to say I liked Marner's recent interview. It felt down-to-earth, without any attitude or entitlement, just like any other player speaking. Nice job.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I'm not sure why these threads keep getting locked. He's a core player and a UFA at the end of the year, so of course we are gonna discuss him. It's also one of the most popular topics, which shows that people are interested in talking about him. If it's not your thing, you can always skip the thread, just like with any other.

To get things started, I have to say I liked Marner's recent interview. It felt down-to-earth, without any attitude or entitlement, just like any other player speaking. Nice job.
Is this an imposter Antropovsky?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I wonder if he's starting to worry a bit that he's not a slam dunk to be resigned? Considering how badly he seems to want to stay here, that could certainly be the catalyst for an attitude adjustment.

If he can learn how to stop looking so unlikeable in interviews, maybe there's some hope that he can figure out how to be a factor in the biggest playoff games? I can't say I have a ton of optimism in this regard but I'm desperately looking for a reason to believe.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I wonder if he's starting to worry a bit that he's not a slam dunk to be resigned? Considering how badly he seems to want to stay here, that could certainly be the catalyst for an attitude adjustment.

If he can learn how to stop looking so unlikeable in interviews, maybe there's some hope that he can figure out how to be a factor in the biggest playoff games? I can't say I have a ton of optimism in this regard but I'm desperately looking for a reason to believe.
Tre was very vocal prior to signing Matthews and Nylander that the goal was to sign them no matter what.

He's said nothing like this about Marner, at all. It doesn't exactly disclose their plans for him but it definitely says something .

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
This should go well...

Say that is true who cares? Nobody's got a gun to your head forcing you to click and read these threads.

I'll go out on a limb and say the guy who asked why the threads keeps getting locked?

Reactions: egd27

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Say that is true who cares? Nobody's got a gun to your head forcing you to click and read these threads.
I've been on these boards for 17 years and never once wanted a thread closed. I just don't click on it. Are there post or thread limits?

If a thread keeps popping up, or it has many pages, it means people want to discuss it... on a discussion board. Funny how that works.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I've been on these boards for 17 years and never once wanted a thread closed. I just don't click on it. Are there post or thread limits?

If a thread keeps popping up, or it has many pages, it means people want to discuss it... on a discussion board. Funny how that works.
This is exactly it. I like Matthews, there's probably been 100000 threads on the main boards criticizing/trashing Matthews. There's no point going in there and demanding threads be closed. If I don't wanna read it, I just don't click on any of the threads.

Why does it all of a sudden become so different over here?

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
This is exactly it. I like Matthews, there's probably been 100000 threads on the main boards criticizing/trashing Matthews. There's no point going in there and demanding threads be closed. If I don't wanna read it, I just don't click on any of the threads.

Why does it all of a sudden become so different over here?
There will be no discussions allowed on a hockey discussion board. It’s somewhere in the fine print I think

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I know nobody has a gun to my head, I just posed a possible answer to the OP's question. Why did it bother you?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Tre was very vocal prior to signing Matthews and Nylander that the goal was to sign them no matter what.

He's said nothing like this about Marner, at all. It doesn't exactly disclose their plans for him but it definitely says something .
That gives me some hope it's not a slam dunk. If it was up to me, I'd wait until the summer and see where we're at at that point and if Marner pulls yet another choke job in the playoffs, I would not resign him. Some are saying they'll sign him when he gets hot during the season at some point which to me is just stupid (if playoff success is the goal).

Sep 18, 2009
That gives me some hope it's not a slam dunk. If it was up to me, I'd wait until the summer and see where we're at at that point and if Marner pulls yet another choke job in the playoffs, I would not resign him. Some are saying they'll sign him when he gets hot during the season at some point which to me is just stupid (if playoff success is the goal).
Why would you sign a player when his value is highest
leafsmk angmanetm is ffumb== d

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

It’s because it’s pre season and there is no on ice game pressure on him. They woukd be doing him a huge favour if they kept him away from the Mike

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
There is no way they should sign Marne until after the playoffs. There is no risk, if he is a rockstar in the playoffs and the leaf go far just pay him. If I’d craps the bed again let him walk and move on with a retool

Reactions: Antropovsky

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

Might be reading too much into that tbh.

I honestly don’t think it says anytging significant either way. All this tells me is they just don’t want the Marner negotiations to be a public one this time around. I also think it’s a negotiation tactic to handle Ferris and put a little pressure on Marner’s camp to come in at a reasonable number if you want to be a leaf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad