Marner vs Andrei Svechnikov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Marner vs Svechnikov

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

supersized

Feb 23, 2010
I hate the Leafs as much as the next guy but as of right now this is Marner. Anyone saying different just can't be unbiased in their hate for everything Leafs. In the near future this could be quite different but the question was right now.

Reactions: Buzzman17

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I hate the Leafs as much as the next guy but as of right now this is Marner. Anyone saying different just can't be unbiased in their hate for everything Leafs. In the near future this could be quite different but the question was right now.

The question was "Who do you take right now?" not "Who's better right now?". Presumably that implies you've got the guy going forward. So even fans who might think Marner might be better now could pick Svech in this poll if they project him as being better in the future.

supersized

Feb 23, 2010
The question was "Who do you take right now?" not "Who's better right now?". Presumably that implies you've got the guy going forward. So even fans who might think Marner might be better now could pick Svech in this poll if they project him as being better in the future.
No... This is you and others trying to manipulate the question so you can still not answer with Marner. You know for a fact the OP ment who you would take right now to play right now. He posted it so people didn't do the whole "well player A is better now but B has more potential".

Some of you need to put away your bias and just answer the question truthfully.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Agreed.

If Marner got struck by lightning 15 times, I'd prefer Svechnikov. So, for now, I'm going Svechnikov.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
No... This is you and others trying to manipulate the question so you can still not answer with Marner. You know for a fact the OP ment who you would take right now to play right now. He posted it so people didn't do the whole "well player A is better now but B has more potential".

Some of you need to put away your bias and just answer the question truthfully.

What a bad take, lol. When I read the OP I take it as who I'd rather have on my team, now and going forward. And that has nothing to do with the players involved. I admit I don't know for a fact what the OP meant, and neither do you. I do know what the OP said, and responded accordingly.

Sorry, but your post seems to me like a good example of projection. Seems like you want to interpret the question in a way that serves your purposes.

If the OP actually did want the question interpreted the way you prefer he should have asked "Who's better right now?".

Last edited:

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

well, one honest guy in these poll threads is better than usual.

Reactions: nofehr

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I’d take nylander over svechnikov.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Just Linda

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
[mod]
Truth is WN is elite but he is a bit too old and probably isnt better than AS right now who is 4 years younger. Svechnikov being a 80-85 point forward is incredible. It's a bit better than Marners 69 pt year when considering linemates and league scoring and Svech is definately capable of becoming a marner level player (marner along with Pasta, Laf and Svech imo have the ability to be the best winger in the game moving forward) but right now marner who has 3 years on him fairly ahead as he should be

Last edited by a moderator:

supersized

Feb 23, 2010
What a bad take, lol. When I read the OP I take it as who I'd rather have on my team, now and going forward. And that has nothing to do with the players involved. I admit I don't know for a fact what the OP meant, and neither do you. I do know what the OP said, and responded accordingly.

Sorry, but your post seems to me like a good example of projection. Seems like you want to interpret the question in a way that serves your purposes.

If the OP actually did want the question interpreted the way you prefer he should have asked "Who's better right now?".
How did you take it as now and going forward? The op said now, and didn't say anything about going forward. You took it goes you wanted to read it just to fit your answer.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
How did you take it as now and going forward? The op said now, and didn't say anything about going forward. You took it goes you wanted to read it just to fit your answer.

"Who do you take right now? everything it's considering from age, contract, previous experience."

To me, it really doesn't make much sense to "take" a guy but not get to keep him going forward. And why would age be a factor if the question was meant to be "who's better right now" with no view towards the future?

Look, they're both special players and I can understand others picking Marner, regardless of how they interpret the question; it's a matter of opinion and we're all just speculating. But my interpretation of the question (which is what I posted about) is completely independent of the players involved. For you to presume that you know my state of mind better than I do is rather arrogant and insulting.

p.s. if the question really was intended to be taken as per your interpretation, I'd bet the poll would be even more in Svech's favor. Taking contracts into consideration (as per the OPs instruction), who would the majority rather have right now, Svech at a cap hit of $0.9m or Marner at a cap hit of $10.9m? Knowing that Svech is going to get a big raise down the road evens out that aspect of the decision a bit.

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
"Who do you take right now? everything it's considering from age, contract, previous experience."

To me, it really doesn't make much sense to "take" a guy but not get to keep him going forward. And why would age be a factor if the question was meant to be "who's better right now" with no view towards the future?

Look, they're both special players and I can understand others picking Marner, regardless of how they interpret the question; it's a matter of opinion and we're all just speculating. But my interpretation of the question (which is what I posted about) is completely independent of the players involved. For you to presume that you know my state of mind better than I do is rather arrogant and insulting.

p.s. if the question really was intended to be taken as per your interpretation, I'd bet the poll would be even more in Svech's favor. Taking contracts into consideration (as per the OPs instruction), who would the majority rather have right now, Svech at a cap hit of $0.9m or Marner at a cap hit of $10.9m? Knowing that Svech is going to get a big raise down the road evens out that aspect of the decision a bit.
I make minimum wage. I guess i am the answer to the poll question. That is how it works right.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Just an update that Marner is up to 20 points in 12 games and is #3 in league scoring.
This is the perfect poll to expose your hypocrisy even more.

Go read some of your arguments for Matthews over Drai, then come back and read what you've posted in this thread.

Reactions: The S5

supersized

Feb 23, 2010

Just read the post. It literally says nothing about the future. Clear as day it says right now. So taking the past including so far this season it's not even up for debate who has been better.

Stop making me defend saying that cause it's literally making me Ill to say it over and over because I probably hate the Leafs and everything Leafs more than any other poster on here lol but I'm not going to vote the other way when it's very clear who should be taken as of the original posts guide lines.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
So it's wrong to mention Marner's stats in a poll where he's one of the options to choose from?
It's laughable because you believe goal scoring is 10X more important than assists when you argue for Matthews. Heck, you stated Matthews had a superior season last season compared to Drai because he had 4 more goals(while having 30 less points).

Svech has been the superior goal scorer compared to Marner, especially considering Svech entered the league at 18.

It's just funny seeing you flip-flop your arguments, depending on whatever benefits the Leafs player.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
whys that?
player a had 94 points in 82 games as a 21 year old
player b is on pace for around a point per game season as a 21 year old though.

Player a also has 67 in 59 games last shortened season which is around pacing for 96 points.
player currently has 17 points in 11 games which is on pace for around 85 points in 56 games (shortened season)

hows it a blow out? please explain.

The poster you qouted claims to be Leaf fan but in reality ix VERY Anti Leaf as is most of this site, the dubas vs benning poll proves that

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Imo Svetchnikov will be the best winger in the league soon enough. Marner is elite/near elite sure depending on your definition of elite but I wouldn't take any winger over Svetchnikov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad