Marner or Laine?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
It wouldn't work because everyone knows Marner passes.

And they still can't stop him, Marner all day every day! I called Marner being the better player awhile back, Even the delusional one are taking notice that Marner is the better player!

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
That is pretty bang on. I can see Marner taking a discount though since he's livin da dream in Toronto.
Nah, not with Matthews getting 14. In anything Marner asks for more than what Tavares is getting. Laine probably takes a discount because Wheeler is only getting 8.5 and he’s playing with his best friend who’s only getting 6.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
If you want a shooter, Laine. If you want a playmaker, Marner.

It's really that simple.

Looking for someone who plays 200ft hockey? Choose Marner

Looking for someone who PK? Choose Marner

Marner is better than Laine in every aspect of hockey except for one thing, which happens to be the hardest thing to do in hockey.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Yes everyone has their own opinion.

My opinion is it will be hilarious watching 5 Laine's try to defend 5 Marners.

Considering size and reach, I also find it a hilarious situation.

And I find this thread hilarious. Once Laine starts playing first line minutes, this will be a fun one to revisit.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

Ah, 2016. I think that was the season AM beat him for Calder.

Ya it's been a while since I've seen him skate like that :) Usually only does it on offence, so the Marner clones don't need to sweat it :laugh:

And I find this thread hilarious. Once Laine starts playing first line minutes, this will be a fun one to revisit.

Do you trust him on 1st line? There's a lot of defensive responsibility playing those minutes.

Reactions: X66 and Leaf4Life

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
If you want your other players to produce and succeed than Marner. Marners playmaking and defensive game is so good! He will make any player next to him look awesome

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017

It's ok there is no shame in admitting that Marner is the better player, it will take the weight off your shoulders to finally admit it.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
It's ok there is no shame in admitting that Marner is the better player, it will take the weight off your shoulders to finally admit it.

Marner is a great player. I like great players. I just can't justify claiming him to be better than the best shooter in the history of the game, because the game is about goal scoring and that ability is the most important one. Acknowledging that doesn't take anything away from other players like Marner. Marner is great on his own right, with his skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad