Salary Cap: Marner Deal Discussion Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
I don't think people realize just how awesome 4 1st round picks can be.

Depends. Depends on picks like Gauthier, Tlusty or Schenn. Or possibly Reilly, Kadri or even Marner. Highly unlikely the Leafs would draft another Marner.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I don't think people realize just how awesome 4 1st round picks can be.
Late 20 picks are so good. The teams that would be interested in his like Florida etc are not going to be drafting in the top of the draft. So a bunch of 17 to 29 picks would if you are lucky would net you one NHL player or perhaps two. The return would in most cases be hot garbage. Is that awesome?

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
I thought having a good young team would make me stress less. Nvm this is more stress then the tank nation.......i just want this to end already. Not another nylander crap. Why do we have such bad luck

Reactions: Ruggle and SAMCRO44

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I've been out all day and need sparks notes on all the drama today..

Anyone refuting dreger? Anyone believe him?
Additional reports?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I guess his agent told them how much he made...not!

What a joke. They have no idea and it is propaganda spread by Dubas to attempt to get fans in his side.

Can you add? Now add 200K-500k (that's conservative) a company by how many big sponsors he's currently got (a crap ton), now what we end up with would be a ballpark figure we can work with which even using conservative numbers is well into the multi Millions of dollars a year

That's not propaganda, that's just basic math and not letting our love for a player blind us to reality, which one are you again? :popcorn:

Well we have 4 first no matter what. Our picks are not part of any equation.

They are if were viewing this from an asset standpoint, Marner is an asset just like our 4 1sts are assets and a potential Marner trade/offersheet return are assets

Every single one of those assets is currency

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Seems like we're headed nowhere good with this.

A lot of the previous mistakes have been made yet again. At this point if you're marner why would you sign anything? The young GM let a whole year go by and then had a post season press conference where he scrambles and says this deal needs to get done in June. Now we're less than a month away from marner fielding offers.

It's mind boggling how much this whole thing has been butchered by this GM.

Reactions: Devonator

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I mean it’s pretty simple: make a deadline (june 20th), give your final offer (3 options), let me know if you want to play for the leafs.

If he doesnt sign by then, start shopping. Get a top 6 winger and top RHD. Sign ferland. Go after duchene/panarin/pavelski/etc.

Ferland Matthews Nylander
Hyman Tavares ******* (marner return)
Johnsson Kadri Kapanen
Moore Gauthier Bracco

Rielly ******* (marner return)
Muzzin Zaitsev
Sandin Dermott

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Would the Leafs match a 10.5m x 5 year contract? And would Marner sign one? It would bring him to age 27 which would be a great time for him to sign a new 7-8 year deal.

Compensation would be two 1sts , one 2nd and one 3rd

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Would the Leafs match a 10.5m x 5 year contract? And would Marner sign one? It would bring him to age 27 which would be a great time for him to sign a new 7-8 year deal.

Compensation would be two 1sts , one 2nd and one 3rd
Easily.

No idea about Mitch.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Easily.

No idea about Mitch.

Well if Mitch signs a 10.5 x 5 with the habs then there's no chance in hell he wouldn't sign a 10.5m offer from the Leafs instead.

I think he'll end up signing with the Leafs, it'll just cost you guys a lot (i.e. someone significant like Kadri maybe? idk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad