Tribute Marner Appreciation Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He put the puck on net in traffic and scored. Good
He used his body 2-3 times. Good
He did a few fancy things or whatever you call that stuff he does, it went the other way. Not so good.

Overall. He had a good game compared to the previous trashvesty on ice.

Reactions: Stinger8

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He did a few fancy things or whatever you call that stuff he does, it went the other way. Not so good.

Yep, a couple of those, "Mitch, Mitch, Mitch where is your head?" moments. Geez, how many turnovers playoffs after playoffs does it take?

But yes, he worked hard and like Nylander scored a fortuitous goal.

Fortuitous in that they both shot and the puck went in, one after an assist by the ref, and one an eye-seeing "just put it towards the net" goal.

Both goalies played well.

Reactions: thewave

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

My favorite moment was him coming out of the zone, there was a player in front of him and instead of trying to be a hero, he just banked if off the boards and out of the zone. It's good to have an awareness of when is a good time to try some fancy shit, and when is the time to make the safe, simple play and at that moment I felt like clapping. :)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
First three games
Nylander matthews tavares were no shows
But mitch gets all the criticism
Stupid agendas aren’t a good look
IMHO Matthews&Nylander have both been playing well. Did you watch the games or are you just counting how many points they have?

Reactions: authentic

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
First three games
It's not just not performing, it is not hurting your team either.

Mitch still after so many playoff failures at times still wants to dangle when he should be dumping. For a guy with his vision and player awareness he needs to make the safer decision, especially from his goal line to the opponent blue line. Bad exit decisions have cost goals and games.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Or a first goal last night that goes off the goalies back and in, right, so lucky eh?

See how easy it is to give a back handed compliment.

Humour, it’s a thing .

Not sure if you got my joke or not, I was referencing when Marner told the reporters he doesn't listen to what you guys say :laugh:

Reactions: DarkKnight

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
First three games
Nylander was not a no show in game 3? Also played way better than the other 3 in the first two games too. And Matthews was getting ripped to shreds as well.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
First three games

Mitch didn’t get all the criticism at all. He got some, but the other 3 were anything but excluded from it.

Marner and Nylander were both good last night. Matthews solid but no production which can’t remain. I didn’t really like JT’s game much at all. That all said, I don’t think we’ve seen any of core 4 play to their potential yet this round, so here’s hoping they can collectively really bring it and drag this team back into this series

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
Tkachuk better be keeping that head up next game. The Mitch train took a number and will be dealing out some painful retribution.
Mitch gonna take Tkachuk's head, put his dome in his legs, and .......BAM!!! He gonna squash that shit like a watermelon. Like this:

(in my imaginary world of frontier justice)

• Haha

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
It really is strange how many people seem to struggle with this concept. It seems like some people have players they hate, and players they worship and how they actually perform on the ice is irrelevant. Me on the other hand, I was dumping all over Marner yesterday but I also said that if he helps us pull off a miracle and we somehow get past Florida, I'll be back on his bandwagon. What have you done for me lately - it's a cliche, but people say that for a reason.

Marner was OK last night, just OK. ;) Not enough to make up for abysmal performance in game but whatever, a step in the right direction.
well I’d say the cliche is fair to hold above them. At the end of the day, these 4 guys take 50% of the cap. I know there’s no cap in playoffs, but their in season cap held us back from acquiring better players to support them. They’ve have to show up, not once or twice, but over and over again

As for Marner, I thought he was solid. Shaky first with the puck, but much better afterwards. It was a building block game, one you look at what you did well and keep, such as the physical play and defensive zone awareness and effort, and where to improve, puck management, especially at the line. Even at 11m, I don’t expect him to go from worst player on the team in game 3, to Connor Mcdavid in game 4. All I ask is he put in a 100% honest effort, and try to build on it in terms of skill

Yall are crazy

Dec 11, 2022
What a concept, when players play like ass, they get criticized. He played well so he got credit. It’s no where near enough, but its a start
Yall weren't just criticizing. Yall were degrading, mocking, and using misogynistic insults. Saying what you wished would happen to him and what you would do to him. Over a game you watch on your TV. Degenrates hiding behind "criticize". Look up the definition cause you clearly don't know it. If you're gonna be a hateful ass, own that shit. Don't hide behind shit like tough love or criticize. Not very manly of you.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yall weren't just criticizing. Yall were degrading, mocking, and using misogynistic insults. Saying what you wished would happen to him and what you would do to him. Over a game you watch on your TV. Degenrates hiding behind "criticize". Look up the definition cause you clearly don't know it. If you're gonna be a hateful ass, own that shit. Don't hide behind shit like tough love or criticize. Not very manly of you.
The comments about how he comes across in interviews is beyond stupid.

Reactions: Yall are crazy

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Is making a burner account just to make 120+ posts defending everything Marner does while attacking others manly?

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
It came across as bitchy to me, I guess he isn’t as media trained as nylander. People speculate as they always do, this isn’t new to sports.

There’s nothing wrong with mocking him, especially his play. This entire series he has been a perimeter princess, last game he got into the greasy areas for the first time, and look what happened.

As for the Paul Marner comments and stuff, I don’t engage in it. Idk if it’s right or not, but it’s pure speculation

You also seem to be more interested in marners feelings and how he’d react, then to his play, not very “manly” of you either

Also where the f*** are you seeing “what we wished on him” or “what we would do to him”. Ship his ass to some random team? That’s the worst I’ve seen. Someone claimed they could beat him in a fight, that’s not bad either. No one has said much, stop making things up.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The comments about how he comes across in interviews is beyond stupid.
All I said was that he could have just said "I know I need to be better" and it would have looked much better for the optics than what he said. I don't find that to be "beyond stupid" if it was comments like mine you were referring to.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
That certainly how it should be but few of here subscribe to that.
If only all players could be treated equally but that would assume intelligence and maturity which has been lacking around here the last week.
It’s the same for the other way around. Guys here also make it their personality to defend him no matter what.

I’ll give credit to @DarkKnight for that, he called him out over game 3. Then rightfully gave him his props when he deserved it for game 4

Fans don’t mind others favouring a player, but when you can’t go against a guy no matter how bad he’s been, that’s when we see issues and it ends up with his “haters” getting louder

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkKnight

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Yall weren't just criticizing. Yall were degrading, mocking, and using misogynistic insults

If you're gonna be a hateful ass....... Not very manly of you.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
All I said was that he could have just said "I know I need to be better" and it would have looked much better for the optics than what he said. I don't find that to be "beyond stupid" if it was comments like mine you were referring to.
Careful, the Marner police come out in full force when anything negative is said about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad