Tribute Marner Appreciation Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
When he's on his game, he's phenomenal and easily one of the best players in hockey offensively and defensively. When he's not, he's worse than useless. He creates nothing, cowers away from contact, and becomes extremely error prone. Every player has good games and bad games, but most stars find some ways to contribute in positive ways when they're not scoring. Marner simply doesn't have that ability. He also has an extremely frustrating personality and loves to say the wrong thing

Issue is, he's never once been on his game in the playoffs.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Would love hear what good ol' Darren Ferris has to say about his golden boy now. The audacity of thinking this kid deserves a 10+M contract. What a f*** up. Everyone in that room got f***ed that day. Everyone + the fans.
His favourite pumper seems to have gone into hiding. Smart move.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I think that's a bit unfair. He seems to be on his game early on, and just loses it when the intensity and pressure ramps up. He's just such a timid player who lets big moments eat him alive. I really hope they move on from him
He’s here (like it or not) but if he can help the team win now all the better. Go get it.
If not and he got traded I wouldn’t shed a tear.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

This kid is rattled as f***. Lucky for him this may be his last spring facing Toronto media.

TRANSLATION: Dolla Dolla Bling Bling

FvtU7xrWIAEqxy7

Reactions: saffronleaf

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He really doesn't handle the media well, at all. And unfortunately it seems to manifest itself as pressure on the guy at the worst timed on the ice - his fumbling of the puck last game I think was definitely the result of that.

Despite the hate he's got the capability to still win the series for the team - which at this point is a big ask - but if he and the rest of the core want to stick around he's got to do it.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I just think that that comment about Keefe being a future legend was way too far over the top and it backfired, did more harm than good to Keefe as well and himself. Would have been better off to say something more like "Sheldon is doing a good job and I have full confidence in him, and I'm sure our players do as well" and just leave it at that. But saying Keefe's going to be a legend down the line when all he's done to that point is lead the team to playoff failures was just asking for it.
If its the quote im thinking of, he said in 10-15 years Sheldon will be spoken of the way Pete Deboer and Barry Trotz are.

While I like both, im not sure that quote is Dubas saying Keefe is a legend.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I wouldnt have an issue with him saying “ I’ve been terrible this series, it’s unacceptable especially with the amount of money I make. I need to be much better moving forward. “

He is in his own reality. It's pretty obvious at this point that he can't take criticism or anything.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The level of idiocy in this thread has gone off the rails.
Nice work, give yourself a pat on the back.
If its the quote im thinking of, he said in 10-15 years Sheldon will be spoken of the way Pete Deboer and Barry Trotz are.

While I like both, im not sure that quote is Dubas saying Keefe is a legend.
Yeah I think that was the quote. So he didn't use the word "legend" but same general idea, legend was just the way I remembered it. Either was, Keefe has a long way to to get to the level of those guys, just a totally ridiculous thing to say IMHO.

In other news, Eichel is in the playoffs for the first time and he's playing fantastic. If he keeps it up we might have to revisit the Marner vs Eichel debate at some point in the future. It looked like the debate was over not long ago and Marner wins but who knows, it might end up being a case of who would you rather have, someone who kills it during the regular season or someone who plays his best hockey in the playoffs. Funny how quickly things can change.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yeah I think that was the quote. So he didn't use the word "legend" but same general idea, legend was just the way I remembered it. Either was, Keefe has a long way to to get to the level of those guys, just a totally ridiculous thing to say IMHO.
This is kinda my point though, he said in 10-15 years Keefe would be considered at a similar level to 2 available coaches. Theyre both good coaches and im fine if we get them or a similar level coach in the future. Between them, theyve combined for 1 cup. This isnt Scotty Bowman.

We're a year after the fact (little less) and you thought Dubas called Keefe a future legend.

Mr. Fancy Pants

Sep 20, 2002
Gifu
Visit site
his shot is not good enough. his shot is good enough and the right speed to be deflected, thats about it. but his "shot" is not going in on a hot goalie like bob
This is what we saw in the Montreal series. Montreal covered 5-on-4 all other Leafs when Marner had the puck which forced Marner to shoot. Carey Price ate up his shots like beachballs. It's a pretty bad sign when the other team wants a player to have the puck because he's the least dangerous player on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad