Tribute Marner Appreciation Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
One can believe one sets the lines with impunity if they want.

I don't know, but neither do you.
That's the way the game has worked since it was invented.
Unless we know differently, belief isn't in the equation.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
PP ranked 2nd this year.

Sure but only one of those 3 sets the lines.
Yup but there was a long stretch where it was prety poor and MM hadn't scored in like 100 games. But they left him in anyway
Poor play and they (AM and MM) still get the minutes. Nylander gets benched or reduced TOI

Reactions: freshwind

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
PP ranked 2nd this year.
How sweet of you to share some more regular season stats with us, can't get enough of those at this time of year. You know, 1st team all-star, consecutive games point streaks, record breaking Novembers etc. :laugh::laugh:

How did the PP rank in last years playoffs? Or is only regular season stats that are of interest for people like you?

Reactions: Brad C

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Yup but there was a long stretch where it was prety poor and MM hadn't scored in like 100 games. But they left him in anyway
Poor play and they (AM and MM) still get the minutes. Nylander gets benched or reduced TOI
If the PP is successful it doesn't matter who scores and they all go through slumps, look stale. That's a coaching isssue.
The PP has been at pretty much the same rate through the playoffs as the regular season.
Nylander not being on the 1st unit has nothing to do with Marner.

Definitely things to find fault with, PP wouldn't be one.

Reactions: leafs in five

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Gents regular season hockey < playoff hokey in both speed and physical play .. stats from regular season mean nothing as they are 2 different games

Reactions: ACC1224

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
For the most part yes.

That's just dumb. Carry on.
Nope absolutely true. A few posters here will defend MM to the bitter end. No matter how he plays, if he sulks, if he avoids contact in big games, if he causes delay of game penalties in the playoffs, if he continues to give-away the puck etc - he can do no wrong. It's weird

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Nope absolutely true. A few posters here will defend MM to the bitter end. No matter how he plays, if he sulks, if he avoids contact in big games, if he causes delay of game penalties in the playoffs, if he continues to give-away the puck etc - he can do no wrong. It's weird
Which has nothing to do with the 2nd ranked PP.

Christ it's only been 5 minutes and you can't remember what you brought up.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
That's the way the game has worked since it was invented.
Unless we know differently, belief isn't in the equation.

Of course we should never speak in absolutes ...

Charlie Burns was the most recent player-coach the NHL has seen. On December 28th, 1969, he was named the head coach after Wren Blair was fired for leading the Minnesota North Stars to a 48-65-34 record in their first 2.5 years in team history. Burns coached the team for 44 games while also skating in 50 that year.Feb 1

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Which has nothing to do with the 2nd ranked PP.

Christ it's only been 5 minutes and you can't remember what you brought up.
lol
carry on

You have to think marner will have a great game tomorrow and help the team win.

He is a very good player, who just has to get over his stage fright in the spotlight.
I hope you're right
But I think he'll choke. Unlike some others, I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong or eat crow when I'm way off base

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It is weird. Just an absolute state of denial and they won't listen no matter what.
You have to think marner will have a great game tomorrow and help the team win.

He is a very good player, who just has to get over his stage fright in the spotlight.
This excerpt from the article linked below:

Initially, it looks like the average NHL skater “peaks” at 23. However, since the change between ages 22 and 25 is minimal, it might be better to say the average NHL skater plateaus from age 22 to 25.

Marner's 26 already, if he hasn't figured it out by now ...

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Of course we should never speak in absolutes ...

Charlie Burns was the most recent player-coach the NHL has seen. On December 28th, 1969, he was named the head coach after Wren Blair was fired for leading the Minnesota North Stars to a 48-65-34 record in their first 2.5 years in team history. Burns coached the team for 44 games while also skating in 50 that year.Feb 1
That could work. :laugh:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Can Marner boss him around?

Don't think so.

Gio: Estimated Career Earnings
Tooltip
: $62,623,780

Sheldon Keefe's net worth / earnings / salary history: Earned US $2,925,000 (US $4,855,483 in today's dollars)

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You can give him all the links you want, some people just aren't interested in listening.

That was such a great episode there, and they were bang on about Marner (and not just him either), not just that those were the quietest 6 points ever but everything else too.

For now the trade MM stuff is stupid bc the playoffs is not over yet.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
For now the trade MM stuff is stupid bc the playoffs is not over yet.
That's fair, point taken. I've been saying that to myself - it's too early for all of this and I've said before many times that doing a post mortem before we have a dead body makes no sense. I'm not following my own logic here so again you're 100% correct, I'm going to forgive myself though because I'm only human and as a Leaf fan, I'm more frustrated right now than I've ever been.

Jun 27, 2005
That's fair, point taken. I've been saying that to myself - it's too early for all of this and I've said before many times that doing a post mortem before we have a dead body makes no sense. I'm not following my own logic here so again you're 100% correct, I'm going to forgive myself though because I'm only human and as a Leaf fan, I'm more frustrated right now than I've ever been.

Seriously dude, stop posting. Go out and play a round of golf. It's only the Leafs man.

Jun 27, 2005
Uh... we've been watching this core for 7 years. if youre not a frustrated fan right now, youre not a fan.

It's been over 50 years. Some of you seem to think that we're some storied franchise with a majestic history like the MLB Yankees. I don't know much about the NFL but we're the Cleveland Browns or the Detroit Lions so try to think of it that way and you won't be nearly as frustrated.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad