Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Neat Grebyonkin interview. Was in Toronto to sign his contract and watch the playoffs, but now back in Magnitogorsk to take part in the team's championship parade.
He kind of craps on the NHL for its lack of creativity and primitive style of game, but also said the atmosphere was amazing and players were on a level he hasn't seen before.
Will return to Toronto next week to rehab his injury and train with Leafs' staff. He's confident in his abilities but isn't expecting to be an immediate star in the NHL.
Cool kid.

Last edited:

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
What a play by Cowan to break up that play. You can never count London out

If we somehow pulled off a trade to get Sam Dickinson I’d honestly cry.
What are you guys watching dickinson shot was a nice one but he made a couple bone head icings including the game loser I wouldn't trade up to get him at all

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
So one game defines him as a player?
Not at all and in fairness I only watched him this game but it's worrisome for me atleast that he wasn't trying to make the safe play as their number 1 dman and it set the table to bite them in the ass some of the stretch passes the targets weren't even expecting them

• Haha
Reactions: I am Canadian

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Not at all and in fairness I only watched him this game but it's worrisome for me atleast that he wasn't trying to make the safe play as their number 1 dman and it set the table to bite them in the ass some of the stretch passes the targets weren't even expecting them

Dickinson pretty much played the entire 3rd period he was gassed. Was bound to make a mistake, plus they were pushing for the win. Happens! But throughout the year it’s basically been him and Zayne. Can’t go wrong with either IMO

Reactions: arso40

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
"I don't know any of the teams prospects but they are all the same."

That's not what I said.

You are putting words into my mouth. You even put quotes around it like you were taking that sentence straight out of my comment. By all means feel free criticise if you see a contradiction or something you don't agree with.

But if you insist on twisting what I say please don't put quotes around your new sentence to make it sound like it came straight from the source.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
What are you guys watching dickinson shot was a nice one but he made a couple bone head icings including the game loser I wouldn't trade up to get him at all
Congrats on the extensive, and ongoing scouting. Perhaps we should draft a young D man, who's never made a mistake, or poor play before instead...

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Very clearly a philosophical change coming from our development staff when you see the likes of Koster, Lisowsky and Miettinen not being signed.

There were moments in time where I was high on all 3 of those players, and I continue to believe in their skillsets as well in present time. That said, I don't think moving on from those players will ever become a point of regret. All 3 players have tracked relatively well since drafting them, but none of them tracked to the point where they became can't miss guys.

The only thing that is slightly annoying about it all is the fact that we've already wasted a contract slot on a guy like Braeden Kressler who arguably is the exact same player if not worse than Lisowsky. Obviously the Kressler signing came well before Tre became GM, but it really feels like they are trying to navigate away from that undersized skilled forward. I know Lisowksy and Kressler add a bit more than just undersized skill, and from the times I have watched them they both play a lot bigger than their height would suggest, but nonetheless it really feels like that atheltic profile is not one that Brad sees a tremendous amount of value in.

It will be interesting to see how we draft with our 6 picks between rounds 4 and 7 this year. Under Dubas we tended to go for boom or bust type players with high skill and less projectability. I'm curious to see if that changes

Reactions: The Iceman

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Very clearly a philosophical change coming from our development staff when you see the likes of Koster, Lisowsky and Miettinen not being signed.

There were moments in time where I was high on all 3 of those players, and I continue to believe in their skillsets as well in present time. That said, I don't think moving on from those players will ever become a point of regret. All 3 players have tracked relatively well since drafting them, but none of them tracked to the point where they became can't miss guys.

The only thing that is slightly annoying about it all is the fact that we've already wasted a contract slot on a guy like Braeden Kressler who arguably is the exact same player if not worse than Lisowsky. Obviously the Kressler signing came well before Tre became GM, but it really feels like they are trying to navigate away from that undersized skilled forward. I know Lisowksy and Kressler add a bit more than just undersized skill, and from the times I have watched them they both play a lot bigger than their height would suggest, but nonetheless it really feels like that atheltic profile is not one that Brad sees a tremendous amount of value in.

It will be interesting to see how we draft with our 6 picks between rounds 4 and 7 this year. Under Dubas we tended to go for boom or bust type players with high skill and less projectability. I'm curious to see if that changes
My guess is that they could possibly see Kressler as a potential role player like a Jay McClement. Where as Lisowsky is the type that if he's not playing top 6 type of role, he's likely not that useful.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Congrats on the extensive, and ongoing scouting. Perhaps we should draft a young D man, who's never made a mistake, or poor play before instead...
People make mistakes that's sports if you watched the game I don't think your takeaway from it was let's trade up to get him atleast that's not what I saw but I'm not in charge of drafting I just don't understand why your response wasn't your opinion as opposed to moccin mine it doesn't rub me the best if I'm being honest

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
People make mistakes that's sports if you watched the game I don't think your takeaway from it was let's trade up to get him atleast that's not what I saw but I'm not in charge of drafting I just don't understand why your response wasn't your opinion as opposed to moccin mine it doesn't rub me the best if I'm being honest
You watched one game, where his entire team was terrible, and jumped to a conclusion. Somehow, you've decided that the professional scouts, who have watched many games, and understand prospects and talent far better than you or I, are wrong... on one game, where his team played poorly. By the way, I never suggested trading up...

Yes, I mocked your opinion, because you've judged a player that you've watched once... that deserves mocking....

All of these people are wrong allegedly.

Ranked #4 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #8 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #7 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #8 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #10 by THN/FERRARI
Ranked #8 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #2 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #6 by FLOHOCKEY/CHRIS PETERS
Ranked #6 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #4 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #7 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)
Ranked #4 by ISS HOCKEY
Ranked #8 by SPORTSNET/COSENTINO
Ranked #6 by SPORTSNET/BUKALA
Ranked #4 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #7 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #7 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #8 by SMAHT SCOUTING

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
You watched one game, where his entire team was terrible, and jumped to a conclusion. Somehow, you've decided that the professional scouts, who have watched many games, and understand prospects and talent far better than you or I, are wrong... on one game, where his team played poorly. By the way, I never suggested trading up...

Yes, I mocked your opinion, because you've judged a player that you've watched once... that deserves mocking....

Ranked #8 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #6 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #4 by ISS HOCKEY
I was never replying to you in the first place until you started to mocc My opinion you do get that right? I'm entitled to my opinion like I said I wasn't implying any of them were wrong but ill leave it there my friend

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

Ranked #8 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #6 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #4 by ISS HOCKEY
I've watched 30+ games, and I wouldnt pick him that high if there were any of the other top defenders on the board, but, if he dropped to the teens, for sure.
He has a lot of skills that is undeniable, but, he also has a bit of Jake Gardiner in him, where he'll make a pass to an invisible player, or just skate to the wrong area from time to time. his Hockey Sense is not as elite as the rest of his game.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Neat Grebyonkin interview. Was in Toronto to sign his contract and watch the playoffs, but now back in Magnitogorsk to take part in the team's championship parade.
He kind of craps on the NHL for its lack of creativity and primitive style of game, but also said the atmosphere was amazing and players were on a level he hasn't seen before.
Will return to Toronto next week to rehab his injury and train with Leafs' staff. He's confident in his abilities but isn't expecting to be an immediate star in the NHL.
Cool kid.

If he is ever a "star in the NHL" that is a based loaded homerun.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Ranked #8 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #6 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #4 by ISS HOCKEY

Button is wrong.

He's just wrong.

Knights had one Russian who was unranked earlier ... where is he at now after the playoffs?
192?
Now he's been passed over but I'm sure the Leafs watched a tonne of him while monitoring Cowan?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad