Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
1) Your speculation about a teenage boys confidence levels are not criticism, its speculation.

2) There are game day threads available for the little thoughts that pop into your head about the game as it happens.

3) This isn't a whiny thread, its one of the only feel good threads we have on the leafs board and it's nice coming in here and not listening to people bitch and moan about how awful everything is about everything related to this team.

4) I'm not upset, we just won a game 10-0 as a nation and we have the leafs to watch later today. It's a good day.

You do seem quite upset there, chief.

People are here discussing the play of our prospects. Just because you don’t like certain comments doesn’t mean it’s irrelevant. The only one whining here is you.

Reactions: leafers

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
You do seem quite upset there, chief.

People are here discussing the play of our prospects. Just because you don’t like certain comments doesn’t mean it’s irrelevant. The only one whining here is you.
That's actually a very funny thing to say. I didnt specify a whiner, you just stood up and had to make sure you defended yourself because you thought you were the whiner.

Anyways, hopefully now that the games done (and we won 10-0 by the way) you can go do something else for a couple hours and come back ready for the leafs, then use the appropriate thread (game day thread) to do all the additional whining you feel you couldnt accomplish this morning.

Reactions: andora

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I didn't see that yesterday or against the USA

people on here complaining about Poitras the Boston prospect.

Just been passing up a ton of open looks, most notably on the powerplay early on. Doesn’t seem eager to handle the puck at all, rather pass it off and stand infront when the opportunity is there to make a play.

That's actually a very funny thing to say. I didnt specify a whiner, you just stood up and had to make sure you defended yourself because you thought you were the whiner.

Anyways, hopefully now that the games done (and we won 10-0 by the way) you can go do something else for a couple hours and come back ready for the leafs, then use the appropriate thread (game day thread) to do all the additional whining you feel you couldnt accomplish this morning.

Move on. There’s no need to be so upset over people commenting specifically about the play of Minten and Cowan in the leafs prospect thread.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Move on. There’s no need to be so upset over people commenting specifically about the play of Minten and Cowan in the leafs prospect thread.
Guessing you've never heard of projection, eh oldtimer?

All I said was this isnt a whiner thread. Nobody else wants this to be a whiner thread.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Imo these wjc narratives get overblown (for better or for worse). At the end of the day it's still a fairly small sample of games.

I remember people absolutely nitpicking Marners game to shreds during his last one, especially at the beginning of the tournament

Same with Knies, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory during his WJC

Thankfully a short tournament played with guys you don't know and haven't played with before isn't a great indicator of what you will be at the NHL level

Reactions: Menzinger

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Same with Knies, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory during his WJC

Thankfully a short tournament played with guys you don't know and haven't played with before isn't a great indicator of what you will be at the NHL level
It was pretty funny to see the talk about Knies, then him get invited to play at the olympics later in the season, then get called to the NHL after NCAA run was over. f***in hell of a year for a kid.

Edit: played another season in NCAA after his Olympics actually.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
People really shouldn't get triggered regarding discussion of our prospects. Whether the discussion is positive, or if it's criticism, this prospects thread, has always been a place to discuss the games our Marlies, or prospects playing elsewhere have played. Many of our players, we don't often get to easily see the prospects play, and when we get to see them play in the WJC, it's going to result in additional discussion.

As @Menzinger mentions though, these are only a few games, a small sample that won't dictate the future success of prospects.

Anyway, it's great to see our guys playing for Canada, I hope that they can contribute well and that Canada wins. Good plays, or bad plays... I'll call it like I see it.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It was pretty funny to see the talk about Knies, then him get invited to play at the olympics later in the season, then get called to the NHL after NCAA run was over. f***in hell of a year for a kid.

Edit: played another season in NCAA after his Olympics actually.

He had a great year, about the only time he didn't look like a sure fire top 6er was at the WJC

It made the main boards an absolute **** show for about 3 weeks

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
He had a great year, about the only time he didn't look like a sure fire top 6er was at the WJC

It made the main boards an absolute **** show for about 3 weeks
Honestly, what I saw from him then (and at Minne with Cooley/ Snugg) is what I hope to see a little bit of from Cowan in here. Puck hound who is really good at insulating top tier players. He clearly has the one aspect dialed in, hopefully he gets the chemistry with his teammates to start really cooking.

Reactions: horner and Kiwi

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Would we be allowed to draft Allard since he is on the Greyhounds? Or was that just not allowed when Dubas was here? Asking for a friend.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I'm surprised some people are knocking our two Leafs prospects..I mean anyone is fair game but I'll be more interested in how they play against Sweden and the States and whoever they meet once the playoff rounds come along...These round robin games against weak teams are hard games to be fired up about... Also some players are more pro-style players than junior tournament types... I watch this tournament more with interest than scrutiny. I think both are going to be good pros regardless of this tournament.

Reactions: horner

Pinkcat

Jul 4, 2013
I'm surprised some people are knocking our two Leafs prospects..I mean anyone is fair game but I'll be more interested in how they play against Sweden and the States and whoever they meet once the playoff rounds come along...These round robin games against weak teams are hard games to be fired up about... Also some players are more pro-style players than junior tournament types... I watch this tournament more with interest than scrutiny. I think both are going to be good pros regardless of this tournament.
Completely agree, Geekie isn't exactly generous with the puck. It looks like they have accounted for player strengths and weaknesses in the line construction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad