Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Haven't really been following him this year but is there any reason why Peksa has only played 4 games this season? If he is healthy I am surprised we haven't seen some sort of loan with him by now.
Part of that is the Growlers had a long road trip that their goalie coach didn't go on, so Peksa spent about 2 weeks with the Marlies not playing, just to have access to coaching

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Part of that is the Growlers had a long road trip that their goalie coach didn't go on, so Peksa spent about 2 weeks with the Marlies not playing, just to have access to coaching

Yeah I thought I remember reading they didn't want to give him culture shock too or something

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
The hate for Cowen and Minten on main board because they are leafs prospects just crazy
They played fine. People know comments involving them will generate strong reactions both positive & negative because of our fans and haters. Just ignore it, trolls love to argue and they don't have as much fun when their comments are greeted with silence.

I'm excited for our guys, they are playing the kinds of roles we're hoping they'll be able to play for us in a year or two, in high-level, high-stakes competition.

Team Canada has other guys to be Matthews, Marner, and Nylander. Cowan and Minten's jobs are to win puck battles, finish checks, and play responsible hockey, while chipping in offense when a chance is there.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
They played fine. People know comments involving them will generate strong reactions both positive & negative because of our fans and haters. Just ignore it, trolls love to argue and they don't have as much fun when their comments are greeted with silence.

I'm excited for our guys, they are playing the kinds of roles we're hoping they'll be able to play for us in a year or two, in high-level, high-stakes competition.

Team Canada has other guys to be Matthews, Marner, and Nylander. Cowan and Minten's jobs are to win puck battles, finish checks, and play responsible hockey, while chipping in offense when a chance is there.
They are both pro players

horner

May 22, 2007

When I watch Minten he seems to always make the right plays , he is always covering the dman when he pinches .
He is faster than I remember him in the preseason .

Cowen just love his game
He is always involved physically

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
The points are great, the plus 10 is a real bonus since his defensive play must be better than we expected.
How his defensive game for anyone that has seen? Plus minus doesn’t always tell the whole story. The way he is developing he could be an option next season for bottom pair right side.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Does Bellows look good or is he just putting up points?

His larger sample size in the NHL says that he is not a great NHL player, but he is still young enough to care about, so I'm just curious how he looks and less about the points.

Steeves has better numbers, Robertson does too, Holmberg is similar, Abruzzess is not far off, so just curious if it is his actual play that people are excited about, he is also older than every single one of those players.

Assuming draft pedigree plays into this as well.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Does Bellows look good or is he just putting up points?

His larger sample size in the NHL says that he is not a great NHL player, but he is still young enough to care about, so I'm just curious how he looks and less about the points.

Steeves has better numbers, Robertson does too, Holmberg is similar, Abruzzess is not far off, so just curious if it is his actual play that people are excited about, he is also older than every single one of those players.

Assuming draft pedigree plays into this as well.
I do not think Bellows is a ahead of the other players you listed but he is getting interesting. His issue always has been his skating.

All those players are kind of at the point where they get promoted or traded because there is not much more they can do in the ahl.

Abruzzese is a free agent this summer I believe because he needs to be on an nhl roster for 40 nhl games, which will not happen with the Leafs. I suspect he will be traded before year end.

Steeves is insurance dependent on what happens next year with the winger depth on the Leafs roster.

Holmberg has one more year to show he can do something but I suspect Minten is ahead of him so unless they deal Kampf, he will remain ahl fodder or have to get a chance elsewhere.

If some of these get moved, Bellows then becomes extra depth. Right now he is behind all those players.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
I do not think Bellows is a ahead of the other players you listed but he is getting interesting. His issue always has been his skating.

All those players are kind of at the point where they get promoted or traded because there is not much more they can do in the ahl.

Abruzzese is a free agent this summer I believe because he needs to be on an nhl roster for 40 nhl games, which will not happen with the Leafs. I suspect he will be traded before year end.

Steeves is insurance dependent on what happens next year with the winger depth on the Leafs roster.

Holmberg has one more year to show he can do something but I suspect Minten is ahead of him so unless they deal Kampf, he will remain ahl fodder or have to get a chance elsewhere.

If some of these get moved, Bellows then becomes extra depth. Right now he is behind all those players.
Great points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad