Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Minten probably makes the team next year. He did not stick this year but it meant he was close. And his continued play in junior and now at the world juniors seem to indicate that he is on a good trajectory.

My opinion of him has changed a lot in the past year.
He’s really good which is why he should be untouchable he’s big and strong and smart and has the drive train might surprise ppl there’s no reason he can’t be a top 6 center dare I say johnathon toews lite 🤔

Reactions: horner

horner

May 22, 2007
at the top of there game nowBCowan been quite but that's pretty solid considering how bad Wood and Yager have looked.
Cowen being 18 yts I suspect that he will get stronger as the tournament goes on

Players like Beck are already at the top of there game being a veteran of this tournament.
He’s really good which is why he should be untouchable he’s big and strong and smart and has the drive train might surprise ppl there’s no reason he can’t be a top 6 center dare I say johnathon toews lite 🤔
In the mold of OReilly

Reactions: arso40

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Good for him. I do have concerns about his feet, but he's made tremendous strides this year.

Was drafted as a big stay at home defenseman, and has shown to be more than that with 24 in 30.

I thought people were saying this year those concerns have lessened and it was more about a big young guy growing into his body?

I haven't seen him so I am relying on 2nd hand information.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Cowen being 18 yts I suspect that he will get stronger as the tournament goes on

Players like Beck are already at the top of there game being a veteran of this tournament.

In the mold of OReilly
I thought Cowan drove his line

Reactions: horner

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Haven't really been following him this year but is there any reason why Peksa has only played 4 games this season? If he is healthy I am surprised we haven't seen some sort of loan with him by now.

Reactions: arso40

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
Haven't really been following him this year but is there any reason why Peksa has only played 4 games this season? If he is healthy I am surprised we haven't seen some sort of loan with him by now.
He was recalled to the Marlies November 9th but never played for them. I don't know how diligent the team is about reporting injuries or whether it is even a thing outside the NHL. It almost seems like it could be a medical issue.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Minten, Cowan and Grebenkin all possibly coming into our top 9 in the next 2 yrs has the potential to be scary good.

Then you have the likes of Voit, Moldenhauer, Tverberg and Hirvonen if they take steps.

I don't like the fact they are trying to "encourage" Grebenkin to re-sign in Russia.

On the backend, Niemela, and one of Kokkonen/Villeneuve are going to get opportunities. Should we throw Rafai into that group. He's older, but this is just his 2nd. year out of Harvard.

Cap increase is quickly gone to Matthews and Nylander, either inhouse, or non-tendered fringe players will be in the line-up next year.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
I don't like the fact they are trying to "encourage" Grebenkin to re-sign in Russia.

On the backend, Niemela, and one of Kokkonen/Villeneuve are going to get opportunities. Should we throw Rafai into that group. He's older, but this is just his 2nd. year out of Harvard.

Cap increase is quickly gone to Matthews and Nylander, either inhouse, or non-tendered fringe players will be in the line-up next year.
You do realize that the Leafs have $20 million in salary for UFAs coming off the books this off-season. Gives them lots of latitude, beyond covering the increases for 34 and 88.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
You do realize that the Leafs have $20 million in salary for UFAs coming off the books this off-season. Gives them lots of latitude, beyond covering the increases for 34 and 88.
Yes, but they do have to fill those spots.

Bertuzzi, Domi, Brodie account for most of that.

IMO, none of the prospects are going to replace them and they will either re-sign one of the forwards mentioned, or they'll go to market.

I do think Brodie can be replaced from within, expecting growth for existing defenders and a promotion of 1 from the Marlies. My guess is Niemela.

Money will be quickly gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad