Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Yes, but they do have to fill those spots.

Bertuzzi, Domi, Brodie account for most of that.

IMO, none of the prospects are going to replace them and they will either re-sign one of the forwards mentioned, or they'll go to market.

I do think Brodie can be replaced from within, expecting growth for existing defenders and a promotion of 1 from the Marlies. My guess is Niemela.

Money will be quickly gone.

I think at least one rookie makes the team which opens up cap space because they are on an ELC.
Most likely Minten. I also don't think they will bring back Bertuzzi because Cowan/Grebenkin probably make the jump in 2025-2026.
So they are not going to tie up multi-year contract with Bertuzzi.

If you take the surplus cap space from either letting Domi or Bertuzzi walking, that a decent chunk of change going towards a D.
Plus, you have Brodie's money.

Reactions: arso40

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
lol Voit is not an legit prospect.
Notice how I said take steps. He's playing his 1st year of pro hockey out of junior. Hardly the time to write a guy off as a prospect. We haven't even been able to see him at the AHL level yet because he had an injury in camp. When he's been in the lineup for the growlers, he's been producing. 8 pts in 5 games.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Notice how I said take steps. He's playing his 1st year of pro hockey out of junior. Hardly the time to write a guy off as a prospect. We haven't even been able to see him at the AHL level yet because he had an injury in camp. When he's been in the lineup for the growlers, he's been producing. 8 pts in 5 games.
He got hurt in his first prospects tournament game okay fine. He then gets hurt in his first AHL game that’s concerning . He gonna get killed in the AHL.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
He got hurt in his first prospects tournament game okay fine. He then gets hurt in his first AHL game that’s concerning . He gonna get killed in the AHL.
People were saying the same things about Robertson with his injuries but he is now a 3rd line regular in the NHL and seems to be figuring it out. He's now on pace for 40 points.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Minten named captain of WJC team.

That's not even the surprising news. What is most shocking is that he's apparently replacing JT as Leafs captain without even being in the NHL. :sarcasm:

Messenger_creation_f4c439d0-0a0c-4e2c-a332-b69bde9f82ec.jpg

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
We'll see if he's able to manage. I would be.more concerned about his relative lack of high end speed, but he at least meeds to get the chance to show his stuff in the AHL when healthy.

That is pretty cool. We were all wondering if he had enough offense in his game to make the junior team, and now he's captain. A very good sign for the Leafs.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
People were saying the same things about Robertson with his injuries but he is now a 3rd line regular in the NHL and seems to be figuring it out. He's now on pace for 40 points.
I’m a big Robertson fan but Keefe doesn’t like him and he will be traded before the deadline. I hope Voit can become a player but it’s just not realistic to think so unless he bulks up big time.

Reactions: arso40

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
he got hit without the puck and got injured, was he supposed to expect that?

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Many guys are starting to also develop late now too. Not out of the realm for it to happen. It is why I don't like writing guys off right away.

horner

May 22, 2007
Minten named captain of the WJ Team

WOW

We'll see if he's able to manage. I would be.more concerned about his relative lack of high end speed, but he at least meeds to get the chance to show his stuff in the AHL when healthy.

That is pretty cool. We were all wondering if he had enough offense in his game to make the junior team, and now he's captain. A very good sign for the Leafs.
And some people want to trade him for a dman.
No thanks

His game has grown so much since the pre-season really excited about him.

I have a feeling Cowen is going to make his mark on this tournament the more confident he gets

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad