Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Exhibition against Denmark U25 team.
Under 25 or under 20?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was arguing with this guy on Reddit about him wanting to trade Knies in a package for a defender [at the beginning of the season]. This guy was so adamant about it, and I could only tell him how valuable it would be to potentially have a rookie take up a top 6 spot.

I wonder if he still has this opinion. This has to be the same mindset with Minten and Cowan going forward, not for sale.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Under 25 or under 20?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was arguing with this guy on Reddit about him wanting to trade Knies in a package for a defender [at the beginning of the season]. This guy was so adamant about it, and I could only tell him how valuable it would be to potentially have a rookie take up a top 6 spot.

I wonder if he still has this opinion. This has to be the same mindset with Minten and Cowan going forward, not for sale.
Was a U25 team today.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
It is completely feasible for the leafs to run this lineup next season without ANY additions:

Knies - Matthews - Cowan
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Marner
Robertson - Minten - Nylander
Jarnkrok - Holmberg - Steeves

Rielly - Liljegren
McCabe - Brodie
Benoit - Timmins

Woll
Hildeby

Lots of money to improve that D corps and G

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It is completely feasible for the leafs to run this lineup next season without ANY additions:

Knies - Matthews - Cowan

Rielly - Liljegren
McCabe - Brodie
Benoit - Timmins

Woll
Hildeby

Much Lots of money to improve that D corps and G
Nylander, Bertuzzi, Brodue, and Benoit would all be UFA additions if this is for next season. Liljegren and other RFAs need a new contracts too. McMann IMO is better than Steeles for a 4th line role.

Last edited:

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021

Knies - Matthews - Cowan

Rielly - Liljeg
McCabe - Brodie
Benoit - Timmins

Woll
Hildeby

Lots of money to improve that D corps and G
I agree with this sentiment. Anyone who thinks we are in cap trouble next season is a half-glass empty sort of person I think. Yes, we will be up against the cap and yes, it would be nice to have more money to spend. Every top team can say the same things. We have no BAD contracts and don't have to jettison anyone to fit under a cap.

The cap goes up by $4M and that pretty much covers the increases to AM and WN.

Bertuzzi
Domi
Samsonov
Brodie

Come off the cap next year freeing up about $17M.

We add Cowan or Minten to replace Domi. We resign Bert if we want to at around the same money. We give Lily and extra million or two and we take the Brodie and Samsonov savings to get back up goalie and a Dman. This dman could be a $7M dman.

We still have Knies, Robertson, Will, Benoit, Gregor, Niemela, Cowan or Minten, all getting better and not costing us much more. The following year Tavares comes off the cap and probably back at a savings of $7m or $8m per year.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
No idea who Renouf is, but that certainly wasn’t his best choice of the day.

IMG_2935.gif

Reactions: LeafChief

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad