Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Boston is sending Poitras to the WJC.

Good news for Canada but might push our guys down the depth charts a bit

Why would boston do that when he's been productive and good for them. Unless Poitras really asked management to let him go

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Why would boston do that when he's been productive and good for them. Unless Poitras really asked management to let him go
I thought the same thing....maybe he has slowed in the last handful of games.
Team Canada brass must have been tipped off that this was probable keeping 1 slot open.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I thought the same thing....maybe he has slowed in the last handful of games.
Team Canada brass must have been tipped off that this was probable keeping 1 slot open.

1 goal, 5 assists in his last 15 games

Maybe they’re giving him a chance to boost his confidence .. can he come back to the B’s after?

Reactions: The Iceman

horner

May 22, 2007
2024 draft prospect
2 nd rd 58 overall one on list i checked out
Carson Wetsch Calgary hitman
C 6'2" 200 lbs
Has skill and speed

Very physical player
Can fight really good

Treliving type of player

Would be a fan favorite

Played in the U18 tournament

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Cowan might have been terrible but you also have to remember there's alot of people who would love to see this draft pick totally flop because of their instant reaction to it on draft night.

The rage over this pick was insane and the general concensus was that it was a horrific selection and that he's at best a 3rd liner in the NHL.

He's also not a lock to make this team, so if he ends up getting cut that doesn't all the sudden mean he's not that good.
If you think you deserve a top 6 pick forward with where they drafted they are dreaming. You are lucky to get a number 6 dman with some size there. I'm fine if Cowan turns into a number 3 C. Tavares ain't getting any younger and we rarely draft centers. Toronto has always had a winger fetish. Were there any better picks there?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If you think you deserve a top 6 pick forward with where they drafted they are dreaming. You are lucky to get a number 6 dman with some size there. I'm fine if Cowan turns into a number 3 C. Tavares ain't getting any younger and we rarely draft centers. Toronto has always had a winger fetish. Were there any better picks there?

I'd take a 2nd. rounder like Aho.

Reactions: hullsy47

horner

May 22, 2007
This is a draft of defenseman.

Zeev Buium is a guy who's currently ranked 18th, definitely will be out of our range. But I've really liked what he's brought to Denver's program. Great offensively, strong on his skates as well.

EJ Emery if you want to go the defensive route. Guy's huge and can skate unbelievably well. Not sure if there is much upside on the offensive end.

Aron Kivharju - He's injured, I bet you he drops. Could be a Liljegren scenario. I think he's talented as heck, jury seems out but that skating is phenomenal. His passing and vision is so difficult to pass up on.

Outside of the D - I wouldn't mind going for Tij Iginla (Jerome's son). That release is outrageous. He has the physical tools, strong on the buck, his skating isn't elite but the fundamentals are there.

--------
I don't love Henry Mews. I see a lot of people really liking him, but I find him to be inconsistent. I don't see the Zayne Parekh/Cole Hutson offense, he's not an all around stud like Dickinson or Levshunov.
Undrafted in 2023
Jessie pulkkinen 6'6" 200lbs
Supposedly very mobile for his size

Carson Wetsch 6'2" 190 lbs
Very physical player
Love to hit and a really good fighter
U17. 7 gp 2 g 2 a 4 tps

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Undrafted in 2023
Jessie pulkkinen 6'6" 200lbs
Supposedly very mobile for his size

Carson Wetsch 6'2" 190 lbs
Very physical player
Love to hit and a really good fighter
U17. 7 gp 2 g 2 a 4 tps

I’ll be shocked if we still have a 1st round pick in June.

Reactions: arso40

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I thought Travis looked good as a rookie.
He didn't seem to progress from that point on. though.
Yup but like I said he just couldnt say healthy. Every time he made an improvement he would get himself hurt and set back. If you look at young Vince Dunn he had similar weird injury setbacks but he was able to eventually pull it together, get healthy and in a new environment that was perfect for him, succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad