Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I heard the same from other people.well it's easy to cut 18 year Olds
But I doubt anyone anyone says Cowan is outclassed
Hockey canada knows what Cowan can do .if he gets gut I'm sure they will win gold .lol
Did you find those Twitter links that said Cowan was invisible?

• Haha
Reactions: LeafChief

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
For the first point, that would the second concussion in relatively quick succession, not good.

Just seems like he's having a tough go of it early over here, although he is undersized and not exactly the fleetest of foot.

He's undersized perhaps but he's not like 4 feet. He's the same size as Robertsson, minus the skills
Tough series of injuries no doubt but Andreas Jhonsson started his NA career the same way and so did Robertsson

Marlies management are probably taking their time with him. He'll be fine once he gets few strings of games together

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Some guy on Twitter at the game said he was saying Cowan didn't help his cause

Cowan might have been terrible but you also have to remember there's alot of people who would love to see this draft pick totally flop because of their instant reaction to it on draft night.

The rage over this pick was insane and the general concensus was that it was a horrific selection and that he's at best a 3rd liner in the NHL.

He's also not a lock to make this team, so if he ends up getting cut that doesn't all the sudden mean he's not that good.

horner

May 22, 2007
I think minten made the team
Didn't play in either exhibition game

Minten and Cowen are pretty much untouchable

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I could be completely wrong, and I will preface what I am about to say with the fact that I did not watch the first game at Camp. But if Cowen was dressed as the 13F in a game where they want to get eyes on bubble players, I feel like that is a strong indicator that they already know what they have in Easton.

Why throw Easton in a situation like that if you have question marks on his game? That's not a good way to answer those questions.

Again, I didn't watch the game and I am only going off of what I am reading in this forum.

I do think lining up with a familiar face in Denver Barkey is more in line with what Hockey Canada envisions Easton's usage to be.

My guess is they wanted Easton to get a couple extra reps being an 18 year old competing for a roster spot on a tournament roster that is traditionally won by teams with large amounts of 19 year olds. Keep in mind Easton was not invited to the summer development camp, so this is the first time Hockey Canada is getting eyes on him.

By no means do I think Cowen is a lock for this team, but I certainly won't be putting much stock into a scrimmage where he "no showed" as the 13th forward.

I think todays game will be far more telling TBH. If he makes this roster, it will likely be on the line he is set to take the ice with today IMO

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I mean Minten is good so this sounds like I'm dumping on him and all but they have plenty of good defensively responsible centers on that team. Cowan's a PK machine and a much bigger threat on the ice.

and yet here we are with Minten being treated as a lock since the beginning of camp and Cowan fighting for a spot, only the most handsome among us could have seen this coming

Reactions: horner

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
and yet here we are with Minten being treated as a lock since the beginning of camp and Cowan fighting for a spot, only the most handsome among us could have seen this coming

Team Canada never have made bad decisions when making their roster?

But really, this is just my opinion that I think Cowan is a superior player right now. But I ain't a coach or a scout.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I could be completely wrong, and I will preface what I am about to say with the fact that I did not watch the first game at Camp. But if Cowen was dressed as the 13F in a game where they want to get eyes on tbubble players, I feel like that is a strong indicator that they already know what they have in Easton.

Why throw Easton in a situation like that if you have question marks on his game? That's not a good way to answer those questions.

Again, I didn't watch the game and I am only going off of what I am reading in this forum.

I do think lining up with a familiar face in Denver Barkey is more in line with what Hockey Canada envisions Easton's usage to be.

My guess is they wanted Easton to get a couple extra reps being an 18 year old competing for a roster spot on a tournament roster that is traditionally won by teams with large amounts of 19 year olds. Keep in mind Easton was not invited to the summer development camp, so this is the first time Hockey Canada is getting eyes on him.

By no means do I think Cowen is a lock for this team, but I certainly won't be putting much stock into a scrimmage where he "no showed" as the 13th forward.

I think todays game will be far more telling TBH. If he makes this roster, it will likely be on the line he is set to take the ice with today IMO
They got waxed 6,-1 today. Can't say they could evaluate anyone lol

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Never know though he does remind me of point a bit and he’s strong defensively and bigger than marner or will be

I think he's one of those guys that will give you quality 2-way play but he's better suited to the wing, a lot like Marner

I don't think they will want to give him a new position to learn because of the amounts of defensive responsibility and special teams he's going to get loaded with

Reactions: arso40

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007

Getting nervous about Cowan

I'm nervous as well. It's a 19 year old's tournament and they may cut him knowing he has another chance next year. But by then, it may be too late as he's contributing for the Leafs.

I feel like there is probably a massive list of 18 year olds who got cut and by 19 they were NHL regulars. Would be interesting to see how much talent Canada missed out on in that scenario over the years.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Unfortunately getting the sense he might get cut now, we’ll see.

I’ll guess:

Vidicek
Dumais
Barkey Ludwinski

Last edited:
Reactions: horner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad