Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I like the 7 minute OT shootout in Boise. 3rd about to start in Spokane .
Growlers get the extra point- perfect timing.

Reactions: andora

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I wonder when Voit, Hirvonen and Tverberg are due back. Tverberg has been hurt for close to a month and they had said the injury would take a month. The other two its been quiet, not sure of anything other than it is Voit's shoulder.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It's crazy how deep in the depth chart you can go pretty fast.

The Leafs need to sign Ethan Bear if he's close to return.

Bear’s agent, Jason Davidson, confirmed to Postmedia Saturday that his client has “late December” as a targeted return date.

That doesn't really fit our timeline of needing someone... NOW.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Bear’s agent, Jason Davidson, confirmed to Postmedia Saturday that his client has “late December” as a targeted return date.

If we don't want to call up a rookie, there's not much left on the free agent front
Bring back Joe Duszak? Back in North America this year and doing well in the AHL. Familiar with the team and system.
Matt Donovan?? Older but lots of pro experience.

Not much more. Devante Stephens, Ethan Prow. Nothing that would be better than a rookie, imo.
I think the cheapest trade possible is probably the path if they feel this is a storm we don't want to weather.

EDIT: Did forget we have Lajoie internally still.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If we don't want to call up a rookie, there's not much left on the free agent front
Bring back Joe Duszak? Back in North America this year and doing well in the AHL. Familiar with the team and system.
Matt Donovan?? Older but lots of pro experience.

Not much more. Devante Stephens, Ethan Prow. Nothing that would be better than a rookie, imo.
I think the cheapest trade possible is probably the path if they feel this is a storm we don't want to weather.

EDIT: Did forget we have Lajoie internally still.

Lajoie is a good seat warmer as a depth. But I think the Leafs could use a better option. The Marlies are really thin on defense as well, but it does give the chance to someone like Farrance, maybe even Tychonick, to play for the Marlies.

Lajoie and Niemela played a crap ton last game for the Marlies.

He's probably skating and what not right now. I'd hope the Leafs are in on him regardless.

Last edited:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Lajoie is a good seat warmer as a depth. But I think the Leafs could use a better option. The Marlies are really thin on defense as well, but it does give the chance to someone like Farrance, maybe even Tychonick, to play for the Marlies.

He's probably skating and what not right now. I'd hope the Leafs are in on him regardless.
would want to be in on bear for sure.

Reactions: LeafParade

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Regarding Bear, he played 61 games for Vancouver last year, and they really want him back and into their lineup... That familiarity might have us on the losing bid.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Regarding Bear, he played 61 games for Vancouver last year, and they really want him back and into their lineup... That familiarity might have us on the losing bid.
Do the Canucks even have cap? The Leafs are sitting on significant cap because of ltir

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

I think he's been on the ice for about a month

They should have just qualified him then?
Not at that money and with the injury

He seems more like a plan b or c at the moment honestly

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
People that watch the Marlies more than me, is there is something there with Tommy Miller?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
People that watch the Marlies more than me, is there is something there with Tommy Miller?
He is a solid defenceman. I don't know if he will make the NHL, but if he does, he will be a guy that goes out does his job and you won't hear his name much.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I see modern day T.J. Brodie at the AHL level from Miller. He's not physical, he has no offensive game, he's not a burner. But, he's a steady eddie who really excels 5 on 5 defensively. Safe player.

That's something decent if you need a low event 3rd pairing guy and maybe 2nd PK unit.

Reactions: arso40

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Looks like he's ready to return. I would have kept him with the Marlies with the team struggling to score recently, and with the PP being terrible all season.

I don't think think a stint with the Growlers will hurt him. It is likely for a week or two. I guess 5 games.

Reactions: arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad