Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Minten
2 g 3 pts +1 50% FO 2nd star
His team got beat 6-3

Cowen and Minten are non starters in trade talks

Both will probably be with the big club next year

We finally have drafted a C that is really good

Minten is at 1.43 PPG, leading his team, the next closest player is at 0.95.

I know his numbers aren't great, but much like Cowan, he is head and shoulders above his teammates.

Reactions: horner and arso40

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I found Stajan to be very vanilla and hope Minten can be more of an impact player.
He was however, over 1000 games for a 2nd. round pick ... not bad.

Yeah, not the top line center some Flames fans thought they were getting, but he was a character player on and off the ice.

1700744474228.png

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Minten is also a defensively responsible C that's best offensive strength is his actual shooting ability.

Those players sometimes need to play with people skilled at distributing the puck and finding him in spots where he can just catch and release.

In the pro's he'll be surrounded by more of those types whereas in juniors not too many players have quality playmaking ability.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
HOLIDAY HAT TRICK | BLUE FRIDAY SPECIAL | FOR ONE DAY ONLY, SELECT 3 OR MORE GAMES & SAVE 50% OFF. PLUS RECEIVE A MARLIES TOQUE AND TICKETS TO A DECEMBER GAME. Includes Boxing Day & Family Day Games at Scotiabank Arena.

Our Holiday Hat Trick is back in time for the Holidays and for one day only, you will receive 50% off the games of your choice!

This Blue Friday select a minimum of 3 games throughout the rest of the season and you’ll receive:​
A limited edition Marlies Toque for every seat purchased!
A complimentary pair of tickets to one of our December games so you can pick up your toques and enjoy a game on us!
Check out the Marlies schedule today so you have your games picked out ahead of on sale tomorrow morning!​

If anyone is interested, seems like a good promo.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

horner

May 22, 2007
As noted above, in the Kamloops loss to Lethbridge, Minten had 2g, 1a. Noah Chadwick had two primary assists for the winners.
Canada's World Junior defense doesn't look that great any chance he gets an invite.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Minten is at 1.43 PPG, leading his team, the next closest player is at 0.95.

I know his numbers aren't great, but much like Cowan, he is head and shoulders above his teammates.

Minten scored three points yesterday, 2 G, 1A.... his numbers were 7 points in 6 games before yesterday. It's kind of one of those small numbers things really. It's great to see him put up a three point game... in a game his team loses 7-3... he was in on every goal. Good signs.

I think we, myself included, are focused on numbers in a small sample size. If he's at 1.43 PPG after 30-40 games... that's a decent sign, particularly on this team, and particularly if he can start scoring 5v5 on a regular basis. Two of his points were on the PP yesterday, historically a place where he scores a lot of his points... and a place he won't get much opportunity at the NHL level. Half of his points this year have been on the PP, and last year, 32 of his 67 points were on the PP..... we need to see 5v5 production on a regular basis.

Reactions: 613Leafer

horner

May 22, 2007
Minten scored three points yesterday, 2 G, 1A.... his numbers were 7 points in 6 games before yesterday. It's kind of one of those small numbers things really. It's great to see him put up a three point game... in a game his team loses 7-3... he was in on every goal. Good signs.

I think we, myself included, are focused on numbers in a small sample size. If he's at 1.43 PPG after 30-40 games... that's a decent sign, particularly on this team, and particularly if he can start scoring 5v5 on a regular basis. Two of his points were on the PP yesterday, historically a place where he scores a lot of his points... and a place he won't get much opportunity at the NHL level. Half of his points this year have been on the PP, and last year, 32 of his 67 points were on the PP..... we need to see 5v5 production on a regular basis.
With the talent around which there isn't much , he is more of a setup guy . With no goalies scorers on his team, he won't have alot 5*5 points. When he gets traded to a top contender those 5*5 points willl pick up.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Yeah that would be great.
Minten reminds me of Alyn MacCauley or Jay McClement more so than Stajan.
Alyn went from 56G in 50 OHL games to 69G in 488 NHL games....OUCH

And didn't a McCauley hat trick on the last game of the season translate to the Leafs falling drastically in the draft one year?? My memory is a little sketchy on that.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

And didn't a McCauley hat trick on the last game of the season translate to the Leafs falling drastically in the draft one year?? My memory is a little sketchy on that.
Think that was Boyd Devereaux.

MacCauley and Gary Roberts carried them one playoff year when Sundin was hurt.
Of course that meant to some that the team was better without Sundin and he should be traded.
Yes, I've been here a very long time. :laugh:

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
Think that was Boyd Devereaux.

MacCauley and Gary Roberts carried them one playoff year when Sundin was hurt.
Of course that meant to some that the team was better without Sundin and he should be traded.
Yes, I've been here a very long time. :laugh:
yes, i remember (not on here, but the general sentiment) people saying that even though sundin had recovered from his injury, they should hold him out of the lineup because the team had been so hot without him.

this city hasn't changed lmaoo

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
With the talent around which there isn't much , he is more of a setup guy . With no goalies scorers on his team, he won't have alot 5*5 points. When he gets traded to a top contender those 5*5 points willl pick up.
Last year he couldn't score more because there was too much talent.

I can't speak to his play in the WHL but this is one of those things that you see people argue the complete opposite position depending on the situation.

Guy can't produce because he's stuck down the depth chart. Guy only produces because he's a secondary player and he gets weak match ups, Guy only produces because he gets big minutes and opportunity on a bad team, Guy can't produce because he's on a bad team and has no help.

Frequent concussions issues for McCauley likely significantly impacted his career.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Cowan just sniped a one timer top corner from distance on the pp

London has an interesting power play, Cowan and Barkey run the point while Bonk is by the net

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
He was never a 3rd or 4th liner.

I watched him in the OHL and had said from Day 1 he was going to be an NHL player. One of the few I have said that about and was right about. Hated that trade the day it was made.
Kessel for nothing, Rask for raysoft, Courtnall for Kordic, Kurvers for Niedermayer, Steen for zip, stralman thrown away, have Logan couture it's endless. The Leafs (NHL) insiders were always intentionally throwing away talent. There is a good reason they never win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad