Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Was at the Marlies game and Steeves looked great. Not just on the goals, but he just looked a step ahead of everyone else. In his short NHL stints, I always felt he was very vanilla, like Joey Anderson. Will be interesting to see if he can become more than just a quad A player.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
We need to find our own version of Brayden Point. Some 3rd/4th liner that turns into a #1 or #2 line option.

I be dreaming.
He was never a 3rd or 4th liner.

we had carter verhaeghe once but some GM threw him in with a bunch of other prospects for michael grabner
I watched him in the OHL and had said from Day 1 he was going to be an NHL player. One of the few I have said that about and was right about. Hated that trade the day it was made.

Reactions: LeafSteel

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
He was never a 3rd or 4th liner.

I watched him in the OHL and had said from Day 1 he was going to be an NHL player. One of the few I have said that about and was right about. Hated that trade the day it was made.
I think he meant 3rd or 4th rounder

horner

May 22, 2007
I am going to have to start penciling him in my 2024-2025 Leaf lineups.
Really liked him last yr thought he was better than McMann but in the preseason he loked like crap.
Mcmann needs to go to the net he may be going down then Steeves

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Steeves scores again. 11 goals, 18 pts in 14 games

Bellows scores again. 5 goals , 11 pts in 7 games

Holmberg 4 points in 4 games

Abruzzese 12 pts in 14 games
To put the AHL scoring into some perspective Adam Gaudette leads the league in scoring right now. But its as important to me that people are saying Steeves looks engaged and motivated every night, like we saw some in his rookie year. It would be nice to see him get a look when he is at the top of his game.

horner

May 22, 2007
To put the AHL scoring into some perspective Adam Gaudette leads the league in scoring right now. But its as important to me that people are saying Steeves looks engaged and motivated every night, like we saw some in his rookie year. It would be nice to see him get a look when he is at the top of his game.
He will play in the bottom 6 if brought up.
His play away from the puck needs to be heat
He needs to bring a physical edge to his game
Consistency every period
Go hard to the net
Hopefully score a goal or 2.

McMann seems to be leveling of Hopefully he picks it up.

horner

May 22, 2007
Chadwick with the OT winner on Saturday. Is it possible we may have something in the kid? We'll see how he progresses.
3rd in team scoring there highest point procer is 20 pts. Which is even more amazing because they aren't an offensive team.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Yes, they have to prove it at the next level, but he is only 2 points behind Gaudette in 2 less games.

Gaudette is a veteran who had 228 games to prove himself in the NHL.
Steeves has had 6.

Looks like Steeves is earning himself another opportunity, and he's RFA at end of season, so perhaps he's earning his next NHL deal which would be great timing if Leafs need Cap Space for Nylander and can let Domi/Bertuzzi walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roadhog

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Looks like Steeves if earning himself another opportunity, and he's RFA at end of season, so perhaps he's earning his next NHL deal which would be great timing if Leafs need Cap Space for Nylander and can let Domi/Bertuzzi walk.
If the Leafs can go into next season with Knies, Robertson, Steeves as the top 3 left wingers, it makes the cap much more manageable. They can redistribute the cap to the D. Then Tavares' deal expires at the end of the season.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If the Leafs can go into next season with Knies, Robertson, Steeves as the top 3 left wingers, it makes the cap much more manageable. They can redistribute the cap to the D. Then Tavares' deal expires at the end of the season.

I think Knies is solid.
Robertson has to stay healthy.
Steeves should be given an opportunity.

One thing I do find is a reluctance of some fans to give an opportunity to unproven players. There is great fear in some and perhaps an unreasonable expectation that every player who suits up has to be proven.

"Do not try. Do.", might be great for fantasy but in reality you must try in order to "do".

Last edited:
Reactions: 1specter

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
I think Knies is solid.
Robertson has to stay healthy.
Steeves should be given an opportunity.

One thing I do find is a reluctance of some fans to give an opportunity to unproven players. There is great fear in some and perhaps a unreasonable expectation that every player who suits up has to be proven.

"Do not try. Do.", might be great for fantasy but in reality you must try in order to "do".

They need to give Steeves a chance before the summer to get a better idea for next year.
I don't think they should be spending money on left wingers. If those 3 can hold it together for 1 year, that would be sufficient.
The following year you have Cowan/Grebenkin trying to make the team. It is unlikely they all fail.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
One thing that always confuses me.
The number of players when given a Leaf audition that just don't do anything to be noticed.
Steeves was in that boat for me.

So too was Marchment, I watched him with great interest when called up to the Leafs and NOTHING.
So maybe Steeves is a late bloomer as well.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
One thing that always confuses me.
The number of players when given a Leaf audition that just don't do anything to be noticed.
Steeves was in that boat for me.

So too was Marchment, I watched him with great interest when called up to the Leafs and NOTHING.
So maybe Steeves is a late bloomer as well.
You can’t be promoted to the show and play 7 minutes a night on the fourth line and show what you can do

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
You can’t be promoted to the show and play 7 minutes a night on the fourth line and show what you can do
i mean what exactly do you suggest the leafs do? alot of these players down the marlies will only ever be 4th line players IF they make it to the NHL full time, not every prospect deserves top 6 minutes, if they wanna play in the NHL they will have to show out in their 7 minutes with the big club.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Iceman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad