Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
If you assume/agree that Cowan, Knies, Minten, Niemela and Robertson are the top 5 prospects. And for the purpose of this exercise, remove goaltenders aka AA and Hildeby, who would you consider the 6th best skater prospect?

Grenbenkin? Hirvonen? Moldenhauer? Voit? Other?

I wish you could do a poll within a post. Would be interesting to see who people think.
absolutely grebyonkin

AlienWorkShop

No, Ben! No!
Oct 30, 2004

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
If you assume/agree that Cowan, Knies, Minten, Niemela and Robertson are the top 5 prospects. And for the purpose of this exercise, remove goaltenders aka AA and Hildeby, who would you consider the 6th best skater prospect?

Grenbenkin? Hirvonen? Moldenhauer? Voit? Other?

I wish you could do a poll within a post. Would be interesting to see who people think.
Grebyonkin quite easily.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Did Ho-Sang retire?

No official announcement. It kind of looks like he has though. Had a significant injury in his first game in the KHL last year… played a couple of playoff games, but would have had to become a Russian citizen to continue to play in the KHL this year.

Reactions: namttebih

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
No official announcement. It kind of looks like he has though. Had a significant injury in his first game in the KHL last year… played a couple of playoff games, but would have had to become a Russian citizen to continue to play in the KHL this year.
Sad. I was rooting for him to maybe be a redemption story but just wasn't meant to be... So much talent

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Just got credited with another assist on the late Denver Barkey goal

3 assists

27 pts in 14 games played

Best PPG rate of anyone in the OHL with big games played sample
Extremely hard to do, but if he can keep it up he would only be behind this group for 18 year old seasons in the last 20 years:

P.Kane 2.50 PPG
M.Marner 2.035 PPG
D.Strome 1.982 PPG
C.McMichael 1.962 PPG
M.Rossi 2.143 PPG

Cowan currently at 1.93.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Extremely hard to do, but if he can keep it up he would only be behind this group for 18 year old seasons in the last 20 years:

P.Kane 2.50 PPG
M.Marner 2.035 PPG
D.Strome 1.982 PPG
C.McMichael 1.962 PPG
M.Rossi 2.143 PPG

Cowan currently at 1.93.
Can't see how he doesn't make team canada
4th line to start but he's an NHL ready penalty killer already
Seen him live twice .looks like Sébastien aho

Reactions: hockeynorth

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Sad. I was rooting for him to maybe be a redemption story but just wasn't meant to be... So much talent

Talented Junior player, never showed much of anything beyond that. His skating and puck handling were elite, but his hockey IQ was way below average. He never even came close to being PPG in the AHL. His production peak, was less than Abruzzese's production last year. That's just not a pro player.

horner

May 22, 2007
PKI actually think Cowan is going to gain trust from the coaching staff quite quickly on the PK.

Similar to how Marner got to play PK in his first year.
Teams will have to worry about scoring on the PK with his speed.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Teams will have to worry about scoring on the PK with his speed.

His straight line speed is awesome.

I think if he can work on agility etc over the upcoming summer, gain strength, we're going to have something. I think he's gonna be a huge part of the middle 6 and the type of players that others will like to play with.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Cowan could actually work well as a complimentary LW'er on a line with Matthews/Marner.

Has the speed to forecheck and win races to loose pucks and has more than enough skill to finish plays but also very good playmaking skill.

Almost similar to what Hyman brought but a bit more offensive talent.

Even if its on a second line with Tavares, our top 6 would be pretty stacked.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Cowan - Tavares - Nylander

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Cowan could actually work well as a complimentary LW'er on a line with Matthews/Marner.

Has the speed to forecheck and win races to loose pucks and has more than enough skill to finish plays but also very good playmaking skill.

Robertson spot for now

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

I could see him being a complimentary 3rd wheel at some point, 3rd line is a great starting spot for him next year though.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
He’s gotten up to 185lbs which is very impressive. It almost seems likes he’s gained speed and power on his already + skating. I agree, he’ll need another couple years to gain more strength and hopefully another inch or two. Looking like an amazing pick so far.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He’s gotten up to 185lbs which is very impressive. It almost seems likes he’s gained speed and power on his already + skating. I agree, he’ll need another couple years to gain more strength and hopefully another inch or two. Looking like an amazing pick so far.

I think I read that he grew up on a farm? Kid is likely an absolute tank if he put in some work on it.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014

Would prefer to have Cowan on JT's line for his speed. Great looking top 6.

Having a 3rd line with Minten, Holmberg and Robertson would be one helluva 3rd line that could play with energy, offense and defensive play too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad