Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Mini Ovi up to 5 points in 6 games.

Abruzzese has been hot recently, 3 assists last night.
Mini Ovi was off the radar the last year or two. His game seemed to regress in Russia. Would be terrific if he could turn into a viable forward prospect, given his wheels - we need more speed at forward. He also looks a bit bigger to me than I remember from a couple years ago.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

horner

May 22, 2007
Both the Cowan and Minten pick raised some voices as Wes Clark’s first two drafts .. but how those two have quickly progressed show that the Leafs may have something good running the show to hold onto
Hopefully they can spot dmen

Reactions: arso40

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Steeves is also on fire. 9 or 10 game point streak?

He's been great. I don't think he'll finish the season with the Marlies at this rate.
I hope he finally gets an extended look at some point. Feel like he gets spot duty playing 7-8 minutes on the fourth line for a couple of games and then gets scratched or sent back down.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope he finally gets an extended look at some point. Feel like he gets spot duty playing 7-8 minutes on the fourth line for a couple of games and then gets scratched or sent back down.

He's probably next in line for a call-up. I think he might need a fresh start on a new NHL team to get a bigger chance though, similar to Joey Anderson. I suspect he'll be packaged at some point this season for an upgrade ... but who knows.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He's probably next in line for a call-up. I think he might need a fresh start on a new NHL team to get a bigger chance though, similar to Joey Anderson. I suspect he'll be packaged at some point this season for an upgrade ... but who knows.
Yeah, he's been marinating in the AHL for a few years and I think it's now or never for him.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Where would that be though?

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Steeves is also on fire. 9 or 10 game point streak?

He's been great. I don't think he'll finish the season with the Marlies at this rate.
He has a brother playing for Notre Dame. 21 years old. Scored 21 goals as a freshman last year and has 7 in the first 11 games this year. This followed 39 goals and 67 points in 60 USHL games the year prior. Another free wallet for the Marlies maybe? Only issue is 5’8”.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I don't get to watch many Marlies games anymore but when I do they have looked much better since firing that last coach. Had a few late game breakdowns but they were always doubling up opponents in shots pretty much which was insane and the complete opposite when Moore was coach. I think that was his name.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
even if we dont sign any, i dont want to sign a 35 yr old JT for what hes going to want. its a young mans league and much faster than it used to be, JT has been getting caved 5v5 for a few years now and i think its only going to get worse. i like him but 7 years was good for me :)
and what is it he wants?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Bellows has been very solid for the Marlies so far. Biggest concern is his skating speed, but he should have at least earned a Marlies contract from his PTO.

""

Maxime Comtois. 1g 4a with the Chicago Wolves, in 5 games. He's someone I'd offer a league minimum to right now.

""

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
a 4th line of Steeves - Holmberg - McMann (injuries aside) to start the year, and we'd probably be in a better place and have a couple extra million of cap from Kampf and Reaves to help upgrade the D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad