Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

horner

May 22, 2007
McMann called
Holmberg sent down

I was disappointed in Holmberg

McMann biger strong and has more skill than Holmberg

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
A lot of marlies prospects have been pretty great this year and taken big steps forward.

Alex Steeves - 7 goals 13 points in 11 games
Nick Robertson - 3 points in 3 games in the NHL, 11 points in 9 games in the AHL
Nick Abruzzese- After a slow start, has stepped up his game up to 8 points in 11 now.
Ryan Tverberg- After a rather disappointing start to his AHL career last year, he's been great this year. 4 points in 5 games, a dog on the bone type player.
Max Ellis - He's already only 14 points away from his AHL career high. Kid can fly.
Topi Niemela - Continues to impress offensively, 7 points in 10 games, skilled puck mover.
Mini Ovi - Had his first real great game.

Even Holmberg, McMann have done well.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
McMann called
Holmberg sent down

I was disappointed in Holmberg

McMann biger strong and has more skill than Holmberg
1,000,000 agree
BUT
Does the team extend the olive branch and take Holmberg to Sweden or would he not be eligible for recall?

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
1,000,000 agree
BUT
Does the team extend the olive branch and take Holmberg to Sweden or would he not be eligible for recall?
He's got two years under contract, I think the plan is to groom him into a bottom 6 center. He's waiver eligible, so mindswell let up get some top 6 minutes with the marlies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Our scouts deserve a ton of credit for this selection.

There was tons of rage at the time of the pick but since being drafted he's been unreal.

The scouts did a good job of doing their homework on his late season play and projecting that he had some real untapped offensive potential.

Both the Cowan and Minten pick raised some voices as Wes Clark’s first two drafts .. but how those two have quickly progressed show that the Leafs may have something good running the show to hold onto

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Both the Cowan and Minten pick raised some voices as Wes Clark’s first two drafts .. but how those two have quickly progressed show that the Leafs may have something good running the show to hold onto
Honestly, I'll admit I was one of those - well, not exactly a raised voice, but they seemed like safe at best, low ceiling picks that didn't do much to excite at the time

But I'm always happy to be wrong about things like this!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

I'm still a little iffy with Minten considering what was drafted after him but at least he's made big strides in his development and he's legit.

Now Clark has to turn that into finding more NHL level defensive prospects.

Last edited:

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Sorry… I misread the numbers. Marlies had 4 goals against on six shots in the second during the game when I looked. I attributed it to Jones. After being questioned, turns out Jones let in three goals on three shots in the second period.

Looks good, and would be happy with him, but man do we need some D prospects.
Its a very deep draft in D prospects. Not a fan of Greentree's skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad