Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
He wont be back period. Another team will offer him too much and the Leafs will need real men to win a cup. His value to us will be zero as he fades.
I'd be surprised if Tavares got $5 million on his next deal. Seems like $3 million would better represent his value at that time.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Liam Greentree had a great game also.

He's someone that could possibly be around the range of our first round pick and he's having a very good year.

Big kid with lots of talent.

Reactions: hullsy47

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Where's this 4 goals on 6 shots stat at? I looked on the AHL site and they have him with 3 GA on 12 SA. Who is lying here dammit.

Sorry… I misread the numbers. Marlies had 4 goals against on six shots in the second during the game when I looked. I attributed it to Jones. After being questioned, turns out Jones let in three goals on three shots in the second period.

Liam Greentree had a great game also.

He's someone that could possibly be around the range of our first round pick and he's having a very good year.

Big kid with lots of talent.

Looks good, and would be happy with him, but man do we need some D prospects.

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
Yea best player on the ice... again. And the boomers on the Knights board will whine that he's too immature still, and plays an immature game.
Oh man, I dunno about the Knight's hfboard but I got a suite at Bud Gardens for a while now and man oh man, without fail Knights fans just love to hate their best players.

Whether it's Cowan, Mailloux, Evangelista, Stranges, or the absolute most polarizing - Evan Bouchard - they can be pretty tough on the higher line-up players. That's just the most recent, they also have been tough on the more now celebrated players that were before them as well.

It's actually fairly similar to the Leafs. Romanticize the bottom of the line-up or cult classic fan favourite players and just blame everything on the stars.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
INTERLUDE: Jeremy Bracco.

For those that were able to follow him a little closer, perhaps had multiple views in-person:
What happened to him?

Broke Patrick Kane's assist record for the US national program.
Won (and led?) the Spitfires to a Memorial Cup.
Won the Calder Cup with the Marlies and established himself as better than a ppg player in the AHL playoffs, a ppg during the regular season...

All (seemingly) by the right age (i.e. 22). And then...implosion?

Was it a case of -- for lack of a better description -- his heart for the game breaking because the steps he took all pointed to a natural transition that never came?

His 2019-2020 took a peculiar dip...I can't help but wonder, having never been called up while Freddie Gauthier, Tyler Ennis, Per Lindholm...a struggling Nylander...

Curious for thoughts.

Qualified to say: Sure, he "should have" had the requisite emotional maturity to push through, but...His is a curious case.

MOD Edit: Don't take this into a legal / libel situation ...

Edit: Zero intention to, MOD.

Last edited:
Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Oh man, I dunno about the Knight's hfboard but I got a suite at Bud Gardens for a while now and man oh man, without fail Knights fans just love to hate their best players.

Whether it's Cowan, Mailloux, Evangelista, Stranges, or the absolute most polarizing - Evan Bouchard - they can be pretty tough on the higher line-up players. That's just the most recent, they also have been tough on the more now celebrated players that were before them as well.

It's actually fairly similar to the Leafs. Romanticize the bottom of the line-up or cult classic fan favourite players and just blame everything on the stars.

Probably because the players getting the biggest hidden money are targets.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

For those that were able to follow him a little closer, perhaps had multiple views in-person:
What happened to him?

Won the Calder Cup with the Marlies and established himself as better than a ppg player in the AHL playoffs, a ppg during the regular season...

Was it a case of -- for lack of a better description -- his heart for the game breaking because the steps he took all pointed to a natural transition that never came?

His 2019-2020 took a peculiar dip...I can't help but wonder, having never been called up while Freddie Gauthier, Tyler Ennis, Per Lindholm...a struggling Nylander...

Curious for thoughts.

Qualified to say: Sure, he "should have" had the requisite emotional maturity to push through, but...His is a curious case.

I think he just didn't develop beyond a great minor league player. He was good as a pro in the AHL but it doesn't seem like he took the steps off the ice to able to achieve greater success on the ice.

You can get away with not working hard off the ice in Junior and maybe even in the AHL if you're natural talent is up there. He had great skating agility but his skating speed, endurance and conditioning was pretty bad.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think he just didn't develop beyond a great minor league player. He was good as a pro in the AHL but it doesn't seem like he took the steps off the ice to able to achieve greater success on the ice.

You can get away with not working hard off the ice in Junior and maybe even in the AHL if you're natural talent is up there. He had great skating agility but his skating speed, endurance and conditioning was pretty bad.

Making a living in the KHL.
Still only 26 years old.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
why is JTs next contract being discussed here? [MOD emphasis] im confused lol.
having said that, im not resigning JT at all when the year after the FA class includes eichel, mcdavid, kaprisov, connor, panarin, and robertson.
and when they all resign with their current teams... you have.... nothing... hell of a gamble.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
and when they all resign with their current teams... you have.... nothing... hell of a gamble.
even if we dont sign any, i dont want to sign a 35 yr old JT for what hes going to want. its a young mans league and much faster than it used to be, JT has been getting caved 5v5 for a few years now and i think its only going to get worse. i like him but 7 years was good for me :)

Reactions: arso40

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

What happened to him?

Curious for thoughts.

Edit: Zero intention to, MOD.

Okay there is this funny JB tiktok thing to: (not libelous as not criminal behaviour)

Reactions: ITM

Ad

Ad

Ad