Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Is Cowan strictly a winger, or can he become a C?
I notice he typically plays on the wing but is listed also as a C in his draft reports.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Is Cowan strictly a winger, or can he become a C?
I notice he typically plays on the wing but is listed also as a C in his draft reports.

He's been a winger for the majority of his playing so far but he can spot as a center. I would wager he'll be a full time winger as he turns pro full time.

Reactions: horner

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He's been a winger for the majority of his playing so far but he can spot as a center. I would wager he'll be a full time winger as he turns pro full time.

Didn't they have him as a C for a few games during the pre-season? Would be interesting if they could convert him to a full-time C, I think he has some attributes that would transfer well. He looks like he could be a Point-like C.

Reactions: arso40

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Didn't they have him as a C for a few games during the pre-season? Would be interesting if they could convert him to a full-time C, I think he has some attributes that would transfer well. He looks like he could be a Point-like C.

He did yeah. Marner also did back in Junior. He's the kind of player that can very likely play any forward position and do well.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
It would be sweet if Cowen could handle 2C, and Minten 3C. Would be the strongest centre position we've had since Kadri was traded.

Reactions: notbias

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
My hope at the start of the 2025-2026 season

Knies Matthews -----
----- ----------- Cowan
------- Minten ------
------- ------- Tverberg

Rielly -----
------ Liljegren
------ Niemela

Woll
Hildeby

I think you have a good foundation there if all those guys make it (I'm high on Tverberg to make it as an energy guy). Obviously, others can hopefully be there as well like Robertson, Grebenkin, maybe Akhtyamov etc...

I didn't include Nylander nor Marner but I'd assume at least one is there (unless there is a true shakeup of the core). Tavares maybe for extremely cheap. The rest is filled out through trades and FAs with a rising cap as well as prospects we didn't expect making it. The 3 on defence really need to be solid difference makers.

I think for all the worry/fear about this team, the cap and the prospects, there is at least some sort of foundation going forward whether there is a small or large pivot in makeup/philosophy.

weems

Jul 3, 2008

Knies Matthews -----
----- ----------- Cowan
------- Minten ------
------- ------- Tverberg

Rielly -----
------ Liljegren
------ Niemela

Woll
Hildeby

I think you have a good foundation there if all those guys make it (I'm high on Tverberg to make it as an energy guy). Obviously, others can hopefully be there as well like Robertson, Grebenkin, maybe Akhtyamov etc...

I didn't include Nylander nor Marner but I'd assume at least one is there (unless there is a true shakeup of the core). Tavares maybe for extremely cheap. The rest is filled out through trades and FAs with a rising cap as well as prospects we didn't expect making it. The 3 on defence really need to be solid difference makers.

I think for all the worry/fear about this team, the cap and the prospects, there is at least some sort of foundation going forward whether there is a small or large pivot in makeup/philosophy.

Yep our forward talent looks very good but our defensive outlook is definitely questionable.

We're going to need to find a youngish legitimate #2/#3 to solidify things.

Reactions: Judas Tavares

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016

Knies Matthews -----
----- ----------- Cowan
------- Minten ------
------- ------- Tverberg

Rielly -----
------ Liljegren
------ Niemela

Woll
Hildeby

I'd assume Tavares price goes down immensely. Playing with the cap it could look something like this.

Screenshot 2023-11-08 135920.png

Reactions: Judas Tavares

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
I suspect Grebenkin could be on the team in 2025-2026 as well.
They may not all pan out, but things are looking real good right now.

Any spare cap would have to go towards a couple of top 4 D.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Marlies lose 7-3. Niemela with two assists.. but also a -3... didn't watch the game, so can't comment as to what degree that is his fault. He's at 10 points in 9 games now... so he's getting it done offensively. Villenueve with a point today too.

Niemela has been pretty good overall. Needs to keep improving his defensive game as expected.

Is Kieffer Bellows worth a contract? I see he is at 4 points in 3 games.

An AHL contract? Quite clearly a very good AHLer so I think for sure they should.

Last edited:

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Is Kieffer Bellows worth a contract? I see he is at 4 points in 3 games.
Really physical, hard hitting forward. Makes dman nervous on the forecheck.
He also has a great shot.

But his hockey IQ is questionable, and his feet are slow.... Similar to Bertuzzi in the sense that his feet are bad, but worse.

At best a physical 4th liner with a scoring touch.

Reactions: Jacquestrapless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad