Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thinkblue

Oct 6, 2020
Hildeby 26 save shutout for the first of his AHL career. Marlies ended up winning 5-0.
Marlies are now 5-2-2. In 4 of 9 games, Marlies have given up less than 25 shots, and in 2 of 9 less than 20.
Marlies record could easily be better too. In the first game, they lost a 4-1 lead in the 3rd and lost in OT. They lost a 1-0 lead late in the 3rd a few games ago and lost in a shootout. Yesterday they lost a 3-1 lead in the 3rd and lost in regulation. They have had 3 really tough losses but have responded next game every time.
They penalty kill is getting better at almost 83% which is 15th. The PP is a huge problem at 11% which is near the bottom.

Steeves may be angling for a call up this year if he keeps up the pace.
McMann on the 3rd line now so not sure we'll see the same production.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Steeves may be angling for a call up this year if he keeps up the pace.
McMann on the 3rd line now so not sure we'll see the same production.
Marlies have a few forwards I wouldn't mind seeing getting a shot with the big club.
Their D where we are in need not so much.

Reactions: arso40

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
Marlies have a few forwards I wouldn't mind seeing getting a shot with the big club.
Their D where we are in need not so much.
Niemela & Villenueve are real prospects, but both probably need some more seasoning in the AHL.

I think Villenueve is probably our most slept on prospect. 6'2 right shot D - if he could become a #4 D for us in a few years, that would be huge. More likely he can be a bottom pair guy for us, but he does have upside.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Cowan had a goal and an assist yesterday and now has 6G 10A in 9 games. Hoping he can make the World jrs along with Minten. Would be pretty exciting.

I really don't think there's a way Cowan is left off. I'd say he's pretty much a lock at this pace. Same for Minten, but I'd put him a little notch lower on the shoe-in scale.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
I really don't think there's a way Cowan is left off. I'd say he's pretty much a lock at this pace. Same for Minten, but I'd put him a little notch lower on the shoe-in scale.
Even as a bottom 6er, he should definitely be there. Seems like all his points are coming shorthanded. Having scoring ability, pk and physicality should be very valuable to Team Canada

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Can anyone find a highlight of Minten's game tieing goal?
The WHL site usually has highlights of all the goals scored. Just go to scores and click gamecentre for the highlights of your chosen game.
Chadwick showed good patience waiting for a defender to glide by before burying 1 blocker side in the Canes game vs the Tigers on Friday. Be nice to be the team that finds the hidden gem.

Reactions: horner

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The WHL site usually has highlights of all the goals scored. Just go to scores and click gamecentre for the highlights of your chosen game.
Chadwick showed good patience waiting for a defender to glide by before burying 1 blocker side in the Canes game vs the Tigers on Friday. Be nice to be the team that finds the hidden gem.
Cool! Thanks!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He's so good. Slightly longer sequence:

OHL really watered down this year?

I only see highlights, but he doesn't look like a late 1st. round pick.

So many of his points/goals appear to be him making the other players look like they're in a lower division.

I mean, if you look at Points Per Game, and played at least 10 games, he's 2nd. in the OHL.

horner

May 22, 2007
Minten 2 games 2 ND star and 3rd star
Cowan going crazy

We have a 3rd line center and a top 6 player next year

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
OHL really watered down this year?

I only see highlights, but he doesn't look like a late 1st. round pick.

So many of his points/goals appear to be him making the other players look like they're in a lower division.

I mean, if you look at Points Per Game, and played at least 10 games, he's 2nd. in the OHL.

I mean... he's a great prospect. I really wouldn't say his totals because of the opponents not being good... he's just good. The recent goal was against one of the best teams in the CHL.

It's crazy how good the Hunters are at the OHL level to build, develop and coach.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad