Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PeteBestondrums

Jul 1, 2023
Marlies with epic level meltdown in Laval tonight. Up by 2 goals with 9 minutes left...lose by 2 goals. This organization sucks.

PeteBestondrums

Jul 1, 2023

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
It wasn't all on him. The entire team panicked under pressure from the last place team...the coaching on down is suspect, as per usual with MLSE.

The scary thing is that there isn’t a single prospect including Robertson who looks like they could make difference with the big club.
Robertson would 100% be playing better than Domi and Bert right and maybe even Knies for that matter .

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
The scary thing is that there isn’t a single prospect including Robertson who looks like they could make difference with the big club.

Really? I came in here to say that we should be calling him up. I don't know how you look at that shot and say he can't help the big club, literally better than any Leafs outside of Matthews and Nylander.

Forward group has struggled all year. Whatever snotty plan they had isn't working. Call up Robertson, elevate Knies and let's see if the kids can bring some energy and a bigger share of scoring chances.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-Tavares-Nylander
Bertuzzi-Domi/Jarnkrok-Domi/Jarnkrok
Gregor-Kampf-Reaves

(I would also have Nylander with Matthews and Holmberg over Reaves but trying to keep things realistic)

PeteBestondrums

Jul 1, 2023
Robertson would 100% be playing better than Domi and Bert right and maybe even Knies for that matter .
He's got an NHL level shot but no size or speed you need as a smaller player. I want him to be good but he doesn't really stand out amongst his teammates to my eyes.

Reactions: horner

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He's got an NHL level shot but no size or speed you need as a smaller player. I want him to be good but he doesn't really stand out amongst his teammates to my eyes.
I mean it’s not like he is 25 I don’t see the point in writing him off as a lost cause especially when depth scoring has been completely non existent this season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

The 3 top goal scorers in the NHL right now are 5'8" , 5'10" and 5'11".

Robertsons physical attributes won't hold him back to be a good player. He's a fast skater as well. So I'm not sure any of that holds up.

Staying healthy is the #1 thing Robertson needs to do to keep progressing and that has nothing to do with his size. Players big and small get injured.

Last edited:

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
The 3 top goal scorers in the NHL right now are 5'8" , 5'10" and 5'11".

Robertsons physical attributes won't hold him back to be a good player. He's a fast skater as well. So I'm not sure any of that holds up.

Staying healthy is the #1 thing Robertson needs to do to keep progressing and that has nothing to do with his size. Players big and small get injured.
I would say his skating is just average.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hildeby 26 save shutout for the first of his AHL career. Marlies ended up winning 5-0.
Marlies are now 5-2-2. In 4 of 9 games, Marlies have given up less than 25 shots, and in 2 of 9 less than 20.
Marlies record could easily be better too. In the first game, they lost a 4-1 lead in the 3rd and lost in OT. They lost a 1-0 lead late in the 3rd a few games ago and lost in a shootout. Yesterday they lost a 3-1 lead in the 3rd and lost in regulation. They have had 3 really tough losses but have responded next game every time.
They penalty kill is getting better at almost 83% which is 15th. The PP is a huge problem at 11% which is near the bottom.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad