Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Just don’t introduce your wife to him 😄

Screenshot (1199).png

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Bellows was such a well thought of prospect, 19th OA pick, strong stats with the USA WJC, and NTDP programs. A big kid who dominated more due to size than anything, and scored a ton. Just one of those mature earlier than anyone else stories, where they never take the next step. I'm not sure he ever becomes a regular NHL guy, but he should be a decent contributor on an AHL team, so a good PTO signing there.

Comtois played his first AHL game over the weekend, and had two assists. He's someone to keep an eye on, and is worth a NHL contract if he succeeds over the next dozen games or so.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Bellows was such a well thought of prospect, 19th OA pick, strong stats with the USA WJC, and NTDP programs. A big kid who dominated more due to size than anything, and scored a ton. Just one of those mature earlier than anyone else stories, where they never take the next step. I'm not sure he ever becomes a regular NHL guy, but he should be a decent contributor on an AHL team, so a good PTO signing there.

Comtois played his first AHL game over the weekend, and had two assists. He's someone to keep an eye on, and is worth a NHL contract if he succeeds over the next dozen games or so.
Is Comtois part of the WJC investigation?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Who knows. I would imagine a few players could be, but nothing in particular has come out about him in particular. He had a PTO with Colorado, showed up in poor shape, ended up in the AHL.
PTO was with Golden Knights and Comtois has gone to the Wolves who are unaffiliated so I think he was essentially discarded. In late 2022 he was described as a struggling young player with development ahead of him. Last year people were less charitable but he does have contact in his game and a 1.71 pp60 on an utterly punchless Ducks club is a bit better than I expected. He is likely not suitable for bottom 6/role player duty unless you are rolling 3 offensive lines so if he has value its with Bunting/Jarn type usage. I would like MC on a buryable deal so there are no cap implications and see if he has it in him to claw his way back. I honestly want Jarn dealt yesterday as he figures to plummet offensively with the addition of the three new wingers to the mix and his deal will be untradeable. If Comtois is WJC connected the league probably suspends him and if not he is in the AHL to stay.

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Can anyone speak to the near PPG production from Noah Chadwick and whether or not this is a case of a promising WHL defenseman or an Andrew Nielsen mirage?

Also, Arthur Akhtyamov seems to be tearing up the KHL finally. Is he breaking out? It was interesting to see the Leafs had drafted his junior goalie teammate Vyacheav Peksa and elected to bring him to Newfoundland for this season.

JTK1967

Jul 15, 2009
Windsor
PTO was with Golden Knights and Comtois has gone to the Wolves who are unaffiliated so I think he was essentially discarded. In late 2022 he was described as a struggling young player with development ahead of him. Last year people were less charitable but he does have contact in his game and a 1.71 pp60 on an utterly punchless Ducks club is a bit better than I expected. He is likely not suitable for bottom 6/role player duty unless you are rolling 3 offensive lines so if he has value its with Bunting/Jarn type usage. I would like MC on a buryable deal so there are no cap implications and see if he has it in him to claw his way back. I honestly want Jarn dealt yesterday as he figures to plummet offensively with the addition of the three new wingers to the mix and his deal will be untradeable. If Comtois is WJC connected the league probably suspends him and if not he is in the AHL to stay.
I am 100% in agreement.

Comtois has already shown he CAN be a good NHLer, even when he has bad linemates and going against much better competition.

His 3 years before last year, he was a 40p type winger who PKed decently and forechecked pretty well. 20-21 he was at a 24G, 25A 49P rate.

Looked good at the IIHF in 22 as well.

Has had a few lower body injuries which he seems to never have fully recovered from, so he wouldn't be the first 'health' project we have taken on. Give him time on the Marlies to both heal and train.

He has shown he is willing to scrap when someone take a run at a teammate, something you can never have too much of in the AHL (fought Hanafin, MacEwan, Larrson, Mayfield)

Give him until the trade deadline to show he knows our system, get healthy, and is ready to come back to the NHL. IMO, he has a better chance to make a real difference than anyone on our AHL team in the playoffs.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Can anyone speak to the near PPG production from Noah Chadwick and whether or not this is a case of a promising WHL defenseman or an Andrew Nielsen mirage?

Also, Arthur Akhtyamov seems to be tearing up the KHL finally. Is he breaking out? It was interesting to see the Leafs had drafted his junior goalie teammate Vyacheav Peksa and elected to bring him to Newfoundland for this season.

Stat watching Peksa...the ECHL performance is underwhelming.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010

Chadwick’s solid start just means he’s a guy we should keep an eye on. Still a massive long shot like all 6th round picks. Aktyamovs play this season is encouraging but he’s still nothing special, the flyers have a KHL goaltending prospect who’s one year younger, also drafted in the 3rd round and has been putting up better numbers for a few years now.

Last edited:
Reactions: PROUD PAPA

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
His stories about scrapping in Barrie growing up on Spittin Chiclets was hilarious. The 80s must have been a wild time.

I will always remember him pounding Cam Neeley. He was one tough dude when he was with the Habs
Dude was no joke, he took on anyone and everyone

He genuinely loved the leafs along with his brother in law Tucker. Crazy mofos

They don't build them like this guy

Reactions: LeafSteel

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
When does Mike Koster return? Missing the first month isn't great especially when this is his big senior year.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
When does Mike Koster return? Missing the first month isn't great especially when this is his big senior year.
He was supposed to be out about a month as per the initial timeline I believe.

He was supposed to be out about a month as per the initial timeline I believe.
Just checked, the latest update from the coach was he's a week away. This was on October 25th so he's likely close.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Looks like Koster is returning tomorrow. His ice time will be monitered though in the 2 games with him comimg off injury.

Reactions: SprDaVE

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Chadwick’s solid start just means he’s a guy we should keep an eye on. Still a massive long shot like all 6th round picks. Aktyamovs play this season is encouraging but he’s still nothing special, the flyers have a KHL goaltending prospect who’s one year younger, also drafted in the 3rd round and has been putting up better numbers for a few years now.
I noticed Chadwick is putting up good numbers on what isn't exactly a strong offensive team. Not sure how much of an opportunity he got last season as he would've been more of a junior member of that d-core. We may have found someone with promise or the next Andrew Neilson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad