Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Kokkonen gives me serious Gunnarsson vibes.
Would be great if he could be a cheap replacement next year for Brodie as a defensive defenseman, not that I think he should be getting top pairing minutes or anything, but solid enough to pair up with Reilly or Liljegren at 5v5 and kill some penalties

Reactions: horner

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
When they did have a lot of picks (2015-2017), they did draft a ton of d-men but Mark Hunter shit the bed and picked a bunch of refrigerators who amounted to nothing. Only Matthews (1st overall), Marner (4th overall), Liljegren (17th overall), and Woll (62nd overall) have amounted to anything.

Grundstrom

But ya, a ton of picks that amounted to nothing.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Would be great if he could be a cheap replacement next year for Brodie as a defensive defenseman, not that I think he should be getting top pairing minutes or anything, but solid enough to pair up with Reilly or Liljegren at 5v5 and kill some penalties
That would help us afford an extra $3 million for Nylander's next contract. And if we hang on to Timmins, he'd be $3 million cheaper than Klingberg.

Reactions: supermann_98

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Looking at the Growlers lineup from the opening weekend series vs Reading, I think I counted only 5(!) players out of 19 on Leafs/Marlies contracts. Did I miss any? Is this a sign that the affiliation could be ending after this season?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Looking at the Growlers lineup from the opening weekend series vs Reading, I think I counted only 5(!) players out of 19 on Leafs/Marlies contracts. Did I miss any? Is this a sign that the affiliation could be ending after this season?

Nope. Pretty standard roster make up. Maybe lighter than usual. The Leafs usually have more players in AHL/ECHL but this year they are only at 47 contracts, and a couple of them are in Junior/overseas.

Reactions: uncleben

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Nope. Pretty standard roster make up. Maybe lighter than usual. The Leafs usually have more players in AHL/ECHL but this year they are only at 47 contracts, and a couple of them are in Junior/overseas.

I counted them and it's higher than 5.

Berezowski, Caufield, Shea, Singleton, Weiss, Dillingham, Tychonick, Cruikshank, McKay and Peksa are all on AHL contracts and assigned to the Growlers. (Peksa is on an ELC)

Reactions: uncleben

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Interested to know what Blandisi did to warrant 19 PIMs
20:00
Toronto Marlies
Joseph Blandisi , Served by Max Ellis Match - Spearing, 15 min PP
He had two minor penalties earlier. Match penalties are an automatic one-game suspension.

Reactions: The Iceman

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Seems the injury bug has hit the Marlies. Voit and Hirvonen were already hurt and now Tverberg will apparently be out a month. I've also noticed Ovchinnikov has only played one game, so guessing he may be hurt as well.

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Seems the injury bug has hit the Marlies. Voit and Hirvonen were already hurt and now Tverberg will apparently be out a month. I've also noticed Ovchinnikov has only played one game, so guessing he may be hurt as well.

The good news is that McMann is back.

Whatever happened to Voit must have been really bad. He hasn't played since the rookie tournament.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Didn't know Peksa was on the Growlers. Not great stats in the first two games.
Looks like he was shelled in his second game as I saw after the first he had only given up I believe one goal.

I must say I am pleased he is there based on the fact I don't think many Russian goalies take that route. If they don't make the AHL, they pursue something in Russia. I think it shows good commitment to the organization. We will see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad