Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Both play on the left but I could see Lajoie getting a call up. He has NHL experience. At least until Timmins gets back. Otherwise probably a trade coming soon.

I kinda want us to get Hanifin
Nah tanev and peeke two right shot defencemen one who’s contract is up

Reactions: Leaffan1991

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
EDIT: My apologies ... how I got into this thread to post this is a mystery.

So who you gonna call from the Marlies to replace Liljegren? ... to be on Topic ;-)
Take a flyer and try Niemela.

Just watched the condensed game ... only had time for about the last 8 minutes last night ... but hollycow did the Leafs ever have chances to win that game.

Samsonov looked good in the condensed game, Swayman looked great. Showed where Tavares could have had a couple, Nylander could have had a couple, and yes Bruins could have scored more as well.

Last 8 minutes or so of the game Leafs looked brutally bad. Maybe it was playing with 5 defenders for most of the game?

I withdraw some of my criticism, not all.

Again, win at home tie on the road, and you get 123 points. I can appreciate that.

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He's good but he really struggled in pre-season/training camp. He made a ton of mistakes.

I would also bring him up because he's been really good for the Marlies. More skill and speed.

Could he be worse than Klingberg?

It could do some good for his development, but a top 4 of Rielly/Brodie, Gio/Klingberg is scary no matter who is 3rd pairing.

Reactions: supermann_98

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Yeah he could be.

It's hard to believe he'd come in and be the worst defender in the league, but maybe he would.

Regardless, I think it'd be worth it to give him a few games if Timmins or McCabe are back soon.

We don't have many options at RD anyway.

Rifai is also a D that I think is ready for a bottom pairing role so would be interested to see him.

Reactions: aingefan

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's hard to believe he'd come in and be the worst defender in the league, but maybe he would.

Regardless, I think it'd be worth it to give him a few games if Timmins or McCabe are back soon.

We don't have many options at RD anyway.

Rifai is also a D that I think is ready for a bottom pairing role so would be interested to see him.

I think Niemela just needs more time. Rifai or Kokkonen would do better in terms of the role asked. They can skate, they are physically more imposing and defensively a better fit.

Niemela should be good but I'd let him stew a little longer while the Leafs are figuring it out.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I think Niemela just needs more time. Rifai or Kokkonen would do better in terms of the role asked. They can skate, they are physically more imposing and defensively a better fit.

Niemela should be good but I'd let him stew a little longer while the Leafs are figuring it out.

If it is an extended look, I agree.

I just think it may be good for his development to see a few games, but who knows if it would be.

I'd have loved Kral up, I thought he could have been a great bottom pairing D starting next year... but that ship has sailed.

Reactions: arso40

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Where is highly touted Kaberle prospect when you need him?
Okay, where is moderately touted Kaberle prospect when you need him?
Alright, alright where is an out of nowhere non-touted Kaberle prospect when you need him?

Last edited:

horner

May 22, 2007
Yeah but no for that money I rather pay the other guys we don’t need another left shot d
Zadorov plays RD as well
We had so many players get involved with Marchant last night

With Big Z that won't be a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad