Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

horner

May 22, 2007
Cowan could actually work well as a complimentary LW'er on a line with Matthews/Marner.

Has the speed to forecheck and win races to loose pucks and has more than enough skill to finish plays but also very good playmaking skill.

Almost similar to what Hyman brought but a bit more offensive talent.

Even if its on a second line with Tavares, our top 6 would be pretty stacked.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Cowan - Tavares - Nylander
Next yr
3rd line
Jamcrock Minten Robertson
Steves Holmberg McMann

Defense
Mo ?
McCabe Liljegren
Timmins. ?

Woll
?

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Some quotes from the thommie bergman article:

“As a scout, Bergman was “not easy to work for, and with,”

“Shouting matches during scouting meetings were not uncommon when Bergman was in the room”

“Character and inner drive,” Lucas said of what his father taught him to look for in a player.”

“(Komarov) drove the Canadians crazy,” Bergman said. “He was 5-foot-11 and running everybody. And everybody just f—— hated him in Finland.”

“He told me I had to add 20 pounds,” Gunnarsson said, even if he wasn’t happy about it.”

“Bergman quite literally pounded the table for Nylander. Those seated at that table remember Bergman steadfastly saying the game was changing, that game-breaking skill was becoming more important and opportunities like this don’t come around often.” - it would have been funny if it was down to nylander and nick ritchie

Last edited:

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Will be headed up for the Grey Cup in Hamilton this weekend and am considering going to the Marlies-Moose game on Saturday. Does anyone know how much the day of game get in price at the box office is?

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Will be headed up for the Grey Cup in Hamilton this weekend and am considering going to the Marlies-Moose game on Saturday. Does anyone know how much the day of game get in price at the box office is?
I think the range would be somewhere between $21-$75 give or take a bit each way depending on where you sit. I do know that there is a promotional giveaway and it will be well-attended, probably one of the better attended games of the year, especially also with no Leaf game after it. I don't believe it would be sold out but this is a game you probably want to check just in case before you head up.

Reactions: sabremike

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
I know it's the day of, but if you're still looking to go, try the following link. It should save you a few bucks. It's a promotional link for the Marlies subreddit. Should be about 30% off

Reactions: sabremike

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I know it's the day of, but if you're still looking to go, try the following link. It should save you a few bucks. It's a promotional link for the Marlies subreddit. Should be about 30% off

Thanks for posting.
Need a link like that to help make Leaf games affordable.:)

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I actually think Cowan is going to gain trust from the coaching staff quite quickly on the PK.

Similar to how Marner got to play PK in his first year.

Marner didn’t really play any noteworthy amount of pk time until year 3

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
we had carter verhaeghe once but some GM threw him in with a bunch of other prospects for michael grabner
I watched both of those players quite a bit and Carter was nowhere close to the level and the competitive level Point showed from the moment he stepped on the ice :laugh: I was very high on Carter too and tbh was expecting him more to be a disher than a scorer too still makes me happy though we drafted him even though it was a long road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad