Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Any western eyes on Chadwick? We've got a 6'4 D with 9 points in 9 games to start his D+1 and not a peep
Exciting start for sure. I saw a tweet that he was at something like a ppg in the pre-season as well.

From the prospect tournament his skating definitely needs some work but its not like he's slow, just not the best edges and mobility, but big kids usually take some time to get coordinated and I think he's got lots of potential if he keeps working hard.

Not sure his start hasn't been more of a story but it may be a bit of the Andrew Neilson syndrome, at least for me as I was very bullish on having a big strong kid from the WHL like Neilson was, putting up points like he was I figured it's a given he'll be a long time NHLer.

Hopefully Chadwick becomes that guy I hoped Neilson would be

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019

This is why I hated to see Dubas deal 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders for playoff depth. You need as many lottery tickets as possible to maybe hit the jackpot. No guarantees, but Grebenkin, Moldenhauer, Malinoski and Chadwick are all kind of intriguing

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Minten should be sent to WHL.

I want to see likes of Holmberg, McMann and Robertson get some looks real soon.
Bottom 6 is not contributing much at all.
It's been 4 games. McMann didn't contribute anything to our bottom 6 last year in his 10 games played. Robertson can't even stay healthy for 10 games and should dominate in the AHL for more than 2 games before getting a call up. Holmberg deserves to stay up and he will with Minten most likely being sent back to Kamloops.

Reactions: Roadhog

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Very small sample size but Cowan is dominating the OHL in his D+1 like Robertson did

After their D+1s

Tier 1: 1st line star
Robertson

Tier 2: Top 6 player
Knies

Tier 3: Bottom 6 player
Minten

Robertson unfortunately hasnt translated quite yet, in part due to injuries and in part due to not having his shot translate at the NHL level yet

Cowa looks very promising though. Hopefully he can be our 2C by 2025-2026

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
It's been 4 games. McMann didn't contribute anything to our bottom 6 last year in his 10 games played. Robertson can't even stay healthy for 10 games and should dominate in the AHL for more than 2 games before getting a call up. Holmberg deserves to stay up and he will with Minten most likely being sent back to Kamloops.
McMann was snake bit.
Lots of chances and a goal called back.

This is why I hated to see Dubas deal 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders for playoff depth. You need as many lottery tickets as possible to maybe hit the jackpot. No guarantees, but Grebenkin, Moldenhauer, Malinoski and Chadwick are all kind of intriguing
3-5ths in this draft coming up.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I wonder if there's something there with Malinoski. He looks to have some serious skill in the highlights I've seen, plus 3gs in his first five games.

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Ovchinnikov is in today. 16980037882013818517857168080649.jpg

• Love
Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad