Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Is he making the WJC?
Should be.

I'd imagine the team would shake down as this

Forwards (13):
Colby Barlow
Berkly Catton
Macklin Celebrini
Easton Cowan
Nate Danielson
Jordan Dumais
Jaeger Firkus
Conor Geekie
Hunter Haight
Bradley Nadeau
Matthew Savoie
Matthew Wood
Brayden Yager

+ if sent down or allowed by team: Fraser Minten, Zach Benson, Shane Wright, Matthew Poitras

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Should be.

I'd imagine the team would shake down as this

Forwards (13):
Colby Barlow
Berkly Catton
Macklin Celebrini
Easton Cowan
Nate Danielson
Jordan Dumais
Jaeger Firkus
Conor Geekie
Hunter Haight
Bradley Nadeau
Matthew Savoie
Matthew Wood
Brayden Yager

+ if sent down or allowed by team: Fraser Minten, Zach Benson, Shane Wright, Matthew Poitras

Pretty good list, I think Cristall is more likely to make it over Haight tho. We’ll have to see if Haight can sustain his play. Hockey Canada usually likes to pick players who have represented or been in the program before. So I think Cristall has an inside track and I could see Cowan playing Center for team Canada.

Reactions: Lil Tuzzi Bert
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Just in this little redraft convo:

Another thing to consider is Cowan has shown his game will likely translate to at least the AAAA level (not NHL, but higher than AHL) right after his draft. Makes me feel a lot better about him long term. Not sure who else from this draft has yet, but imo thats an important factor especially for the picks outside of the top 10.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Also making the Sandin trade look a lot better.

It actually looks now that Dubas might have sold high on a talented but flawed player in Sandin.

Caps fans are already turning on him (posts from their GDT last night)

" Sandin is not so good, short and slow"
"Sandin is playing way too many minutes"
"Sandin with a lazy ass penalty"
"Particularly with Sandin not playing great"

Sandin is talented and will provide offense. He will be a effective player on a teams PP, move the puck 5v5 but the real question is can he actually consistently play defence and in a top 4 spot? His overall skating is a big concern and gets really highlighted when he plays in a elevated role.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It actually looks now that Dubas might have sold high on a talented but flawed player in Sandin.

Caps fans are already turning on him (posts from their GDT last night)

" Sandin is not so good, short and slow"
"Sandin is playing way too many minutes"
"Sandin with a lazy ass penalty"
"Particularly with Sandin not playing great"

Sandin is talented and will provide offense. He will be a effective player on a teams PP, move the puck 5v5 but the real question is can he actually consistently play defence and in a top 4 spot? His overall skating is a big concern and gets really highlighted when he plays in a elevated role.

Sandin is a high IQ player with good offensive skills, but his size and footspeed were notable concerns for sure. That limitation can force him to make poor decisions or lose battles.

I was ok with the trade if they parlayed it into something good, and it appears with Cowan that it is looking quite promising.

Goes to show it’s ok to sell high on assets and parlay that into other useful pieces

Also gaining more confidence in Wes Clark

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Any western eyes on Chadwick? We've got a 6'4 D with 9 points in 9 games to start his D+1 and not a peep

I think his feet are better than I thought they'd be for the 1 game I saw him play a few weeks ago, but probably the weakness in his game. He's got really good tools offensively. I saw him toe drag and make good plays on their PP. A good project to keep an eye on... especially with his 6'4" frame. He just needs to work on his skating speed/agility to go with that frame.

Sandin is a high IQ player with good offensive skills, but his size and footspeed were notable concerns for sure. That limitation can force him to make poor decisions or lose battles.

I was ok with the trade if they parlayed it into something good, and it appears with Cowan that it is looking quite promising.

Goes to show it’s ok to sell high on assets and parlay that into other useful pieces

Well said. Every time the Leafs tried to give him bigger more important minutes, his game would regress really badly. His skating agility is good but his speed is really not good enough. He's still pretty young and the Caps are a good spot for him to keep progressing. I don't think he's plateau'd quite yet... but the Leafs did well to give him an opportunity elsewhere... it was a win win for both sides.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007

My thoughts on when Clark selected Cowan reminded me of doing fantasy drafts with my buddies.
I always say it is great to grab sleeper picks but if you do it in the early rounds you didn't have to pick a sleeper. A sleeper is great as a later sneaky pick.

My thoughts have changed and I think Treliving and Clark showed a lot of courage sticking to their draft board even though it was not concensus.
When I saw this smallish guy walk from the rafters on draft day I was not thinking positive thoughts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad