Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
What's the deal with Jonny Tychonick. He's on the Marlies roster, but looks like he's on loan from the Sens. Why do teams do this?

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
No, the Marlies signed him.

He went the NCAA route, so I'm assuming he never signed an ELC with Ottawa, and so became unrestricted free agent after graduation.
He's a really weird case, where he signed with the Marlies before actually becoming an unrestricted free agent, so he's, technically, a defected player, so the Sens hold his rights indefinitely.
If the Leafs wanted to sign him to an NHL deal, they would need to acquire his rights from Ottawa, or Ottawa would need to otherwise relinquish his rights first

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
He's a really weird case, where he signed with the Marlies before actually becoming an unrestricted free agent, so he's, technically, a defected player, so the Sens hold his rights indefinitely.
If the Leafs wanted to sign him to an NHL deal, they would need to acquire his rights from Ottawa, or Ottawa would need to otherwise relinquish his rights first

That is weird.

I wonder why his agent wouldn't have advised him to just wait until he reached free agency if he don't want to play for Ottawa. He should have been eligible after finishing five years of school. But then he played seven games with the Growlers last year before joining the Marlies this year.

Maybe he just doesn't expect to get an NHL contract any time soon.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I'm watching Malinoski. Won't do a scouting report for this game as the opponent is Stone Hill and I want a larger sample size. He has good hands, deceptive stickhandling, and makes good passes. He's a little trigger happy taking shots from medium danger areas. I believe he played on the pk. He's had great chances.

Looking at lineup sheet: Moldenhauer is on the third line and Schingoethe is nowhere to be found. Mike Koster not playing tonight.

Moldenhauer is on the pk.

Last edited:

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I missed Kressler being sent back for an OA year. Makes sense, the Marlies are crowded up front and he's only played 93 games (reg season AND playoffs) over the last 3 seasons. He could use a full healthy season in the O

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
IMG_6677.png

Just thought I’d share where all the KHL goalies stand. AA is tied for 10th in save percentage. Top 10 is pretty good! He keeps this up and could be within top 5 in a few weeks.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
View attachment 752657

Just thought I’d share where all the KHL goalies stand. AA is tied for 10th in save percentage. Top 10 is pretty good! He keeps this up and could be within top 5 in a few weeks.
Damn that's a lot of high save %s lol 🤣

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
A lot of those hits are pretty dirty
Good. Sign him, bring him in for game 1 of a playoff round to absolutely break someone and take the 5. We play the rest of the series with an advantage. Not sure why we don’t employ a few of these guys.

Game has gotten SO soft.

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
not even a full period done so it's hella early to say this but the marlies look really good. worth watching the game right now, especially since it's free this weekend.

edit: and as i send this bobby mcmann elite ahl scorer puts in the first goal of the marlies season on the pp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad