Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Cowan has been on the ice penalty killing and was just robbed on a breakaway shorthanded

Last edited:

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Schingoethe is not playing. His development is most likely over. Luckily I can watch cowan today. Just generated a breakaway on the pk.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Knights win in OT.

I think Cowan had like 9 or 10 shots in the game.
I was at the game tonight

Best player on the ice. Generated a lot of chances, brought a ton of energy. Great on the PK all night. Yapped quite a bit too lol. He was so engaged all game. He clearly didn’t want to leave the ice until he absolutely had to every shift. Wanted that puck on his stick at all times.

I walked away very impressed with his performance. He could have had a few goals tonight.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
What's the story there? 8 GP last year
WMU has been a top program for years now on the back of relatively older players for the NCAA. They are less focused on development rather than actually winning. If he isn't good enough to play, which his stat line suggests, he won't play.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Kinda OT but check out this goon London just signed to help protect Cowan

Great comment from someone on the London board

Definitely keep your head up against him. Even 4 seconds after you play the puck keep your head up. He doesn't even try to play the puck. Even if he has it he gets rid of it so he can reverse check you.

I love junior hockey.

• Love
Reactions: Magic Man

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

I love junior hockey.

Damn, do a good enough job and I’d take him on the Marlies. Love seeing some big hits.

That’s quite the stat line from last year :laugh:

weems

Jul 3, 2008

I love junior hockey.

Legendary stat line

boulton.png

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Damn, do a good enough job and I’d take him on the Marlies. Love seeing some big hits.

That’s quite the stat line from last year :laugh:

I don't think he's even good enough for the Growlers. It's one thing to dominate teenagers physically and playing to hurt, but when you start going after much bigger and faster players, your goon shtick probably won't hold up if you can't play the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

I love junior hockey.

Honestly, it is a little bit sad.

I'm not against enforcers in the big leagues -grown adults who clearly can play but have carved out a niche to stick in the big leagues
But a teenager who has dedicated his play to targeting and fighting other players is different. The mind set and levels of aggression are not great for the teenage brain. Like he's not out there just playing a tough game, he looks like he's playing to hurt and punish with some of those hits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad