Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I think after the 9 games, I'd like to see Minten returned to the WHL. I want him playing all situations for 23+ minutes per game and hopefully making the WJC team.

I think he has looked good enough so far but I see no reason to rush him, especially when it seems like Holmberg can provide what he currently provides. Go to Kamloops and really have an explosive blow-out and come back and get a full NHL season in next year.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Hopefully this 4-1 lead holds up. Also didn't realize Kallgren was the opposing goalie

• Haha
Reactions: kerk

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
I would be SHOCKED if Minten stays beyond 9 games to start the season.
I think the team is trying to figure out what is the next move.

Holmberg up?
Domi to centre and McMann up?
Gregor to 4th line centre and Kampf up?

Waivers/trade?
Prepare to be shocked. The NHL does get more difficult as the season develops with a bit of a trough in January/February. However based on the player I saw last night, he ain't going anywhere. He's here to stay. We've been waiting to add this type of young player since Matthews' rookie season. He's a rarer commodity as a center, he's got size, filled out size to boot, he has a nice shot and he's positionally sound. Frankly I don't get the undeserved negativity this player has been getting. It feels like a campaign. My message is simply this: are these your personal observations or have you allowed some media/social media personality influence how you perceive this player?

Reactions: Leaffan1991

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Thinking that a player’s development would be helped by another year of junior is hardly a sign of “hate”! It may be a mistaken idea but it’s not hatred. Especially since just about everybody who has argued that point expects he would be star there and would have a shot at the WJC.

Last edited:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Looks like Robertson is thriving so far in the AHL. I think this is the perfect situation for him. In fact, I wouldn't even make him the first call up, even if a top 6 winger goes down. Let him to continue to build consistency and confidence down there. Maybe re-evaluate around Christmas based on performance and team need.

Reactions: LeafChief

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Looks like Robertson is thriving so far in the AHL. I think this is the perfect situation for him. In fact, I wouldn't even make him the first call up, even if a top 6 winger goes down. Let him to continue to build consistency and confidence down there. Maybe re-evaluate around Christmas based on performance and team need.
I agree with your thought process but if he continues to put up these numbers he has to be first call up, or he’s gonna demand a trade

• Haha
Reactions: Roadhog

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Thinking that a player’s development would be helped by another year of junior is hardly a sign of “hate”! Especially since just about everybody who has argued that point expects he would be star there and would have a shot at the WJC.
Repeating incessantly that he won't get more than 9 games blah blah blah is negative when this should be a celebratory situation that we've got a 19 year old center who has won a spot on the roster. And who cares about the world junior championship when you can be an NHL player. That's 2nd rate hockey compared a game between the two worst teams in the NHL.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Prepare to be shocked. The NHL does get more difficult as the season develops with a bit of a trough in January/February. However based on the player I saw last night, he ain't going anywhere. He's here to stay. We've been waiting to add this type of young player since Matthews' rookie season. He's a rarer commodity as a center, he's got size, filled out size to boot, he has a nice shot and he's positionally sound. Frankly I don't get the undeserved negativity this player has been getting. It feels like a campaign. My message is simply this: are these your personal observations or have you allowed some media/social media personality influence how you perceive this player?
I still think Knies and Jarnkrok were carrying that line last night. Minten was fine but I would prefer he captains his jr team, plays 20+ minutes a night, and gets a chance to play the WJC.

If we don't trade for a centre at the trade deadline and he is our best option he can always be recalled then.

If not pen him in as a 20 year old next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad