Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Knies was 3rd wheel on his line though, he was practicing the role he’s going to play in the NHL. Minten is never going to be an all-situations 1C here, I don’t really care how many wristers he wires home on the PP nearly as much as him getting bigger faster and learning how to create space against 6’3 220 pound D with 1/5th the time to think at speed.

It's just developing the puck skills for another year, he's gonna get more touches etc.

I don't think he's gonna be an all situations 1C either but a guy like Anthony Cirelli got to play a big role in the OHL and now he's a pretty good all around 2-3C in the NHL which is where you hope Minten lands.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Goaltending looks very good, Defence looks average, Centers look average but Minten looks pretty damn good, RWs look average and our LW look very good. I'm sure a few of those LWs will play RW at some point since we seem so stacked on that side which would make both wingers pretty damn good in the future. Just need to stockpile some NHL caliber C and D and I think the future looks very good.

Who's our most promising goaltender would you say? Woll ?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Who's our most promising goaltender would you say? Woll ?
Idk tbh. Akhtyamov is the smallest of the group at 6'1 but he also seems to be have the fastest lateral movement which can hurt his positioning at times but also saves his ass. He's been very good at the start of this season and all of last season. Peksa I haven't really seen play but he's come over to the Marlies so I hope to see him plenty this year. His numbers were good in Russia though. Hildeby is imo the guy who I hope is the most promising. Having a goalie that's 6'7 223 pounds and plays a calm game would be a great thing to have. Woll plays with your emotions a bit because he plays very good, then very bad and then very good again. He got hot for us at the perfect time last season so lets hope that continues into this season and stays consistent. I'd say Hildeby and Woll are the most promising imo but things can change quick with goalies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Idk tbh. Akhtyamov is the smallest of the group at 6'1 but he also seems to be have the fastest lateral movement which can hurt his positioning at times but also saves his ass. He's been very good at the start of this season and all of last season. Peksa I haven't really seen play but he's come over to the Marlies so I hope to see him plenty this year. His numbers were good in Russia though. Hildeby is imo the guy who I hope is the most promising. Having a goalie that's 6'7 223 pounds and plays a calm game would be a great thing to have. Woll plays with your emotions a bit because he plays very good, then very bad and then very good again. He got hot for us at the perfect time last season so lets hope that continues into this season and stays consistent. I'd say Hildeby and Woll are the most promising imo but things can change quick with goalies.

Appreciate the write up

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I know our FRP is probably going to be gone at the deadline for upgrades, but I really hope they keep it or acquire a replacement like they did with the Sandin trade cause the back of this draft has some really interesting players.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Why do you feel the need to reference Dennis Malgin?
I was replying to this
have u even watched minten play this preseason..or last preseason for that matter? hes been one of the best players in camp.

Malgin was the best player in camp last year and then POOF

Reactions: Mitch nylander

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I was replying to this
have u even watched minten play this preseason..or last preseason for that matter? hes been one of the best players in camp.

POOF……. You lost me completely with the bolded part of your post.

No.

That is all.

Just no.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Hildeby gives me Freddy Andersen vibes as a bigger goalie with a pretty good mix of structure and athleticism when you need it and certainly has that pro looking upside.

With Peksa and Akhtyamov it's ineresting they came from the same program so their intel must have been the same scout. With the latest generation of Russian goalies like Sorokin and Shesterkin coming up around the early 2020s I wonder what the internal evaluation is. Are they drafting for some unique upside on both?

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Isn't this two head coaches in a row (Eric Wellwood, Matt Cooke) for the Growlers who were invited to a Leafs' rookie camp, impressed a little bit but were not signed then were drafted the next summer?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Hildeby gives me Freddy Andersen vibes as a bigger goalie with a pretty good mix of structure and athleticism when you need it and certainly has that pro looking upside.

With Peksa and Akhtyamov it's ineresting they came from the same program so their intel must have been the same scout. With the latest generation of Russian goalies like Sorokin and Shesterkin coming up around the early 2020s I wonder what the internal evaluation is. Are they drafting for some unique upside on both?
A lot of goalies put up good numbers in Russia and some go under the radar because I believe some teams in Russia are harder to scout. So maybe they are taking a shot and hoping 1 can become the next great thing out of Russia.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

Damn this kid looks good. Only one game but very impressed, good vision and poise with the luck, hard working along the boards, and seems to have some skill. Remember reading this kid slipped in the draft due to a freak injury. Hopefully he keeps it up, the talent is there.

horner

May 22, 2007
We finally have some top notch prospects contrary to many experts

All on elc contracts

Woll this year
Knies this year
Minten this year or next year
Cowen next year or the year after

Now we need to work on our d prospects

Reactions: fahad203

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I was replying to this

Malgin played 65 games last year. Finished the year playing 42 games for the Avs, 11 goals 6 assists.

Malgin <> Minten

Not the same players at all.

Of course no one knows if he can excel in the NHL this year ...

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Wondering if we hear of a Sova ELC soon? When is the deadline for that? In his first interview since getting sent back to Erie, he made it seem like he got a contract without actually saying it but who knows.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Wondering if we hear of a Sova ELC soon? When is the deadline for that? In his first interview since getting sent back to Erie, he made it seem like he got a contract without actually saying it but who knows.

I though once they were sent back/cut, Draft Eligible players were unable to sign.. I'm not sure of an official date though. Very possible he could have signed and just wasn't announced or can't be announced for w.e. reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad