Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I am starting to like our goalie depth. If only Woll had waivers still to give him a chance to play 20 games with the Marlies and keep Jones for the first half of the season at least.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
In case anyone was curious about Artur Akhtyamov, this article is a pretty good recap on his season so far, as well as some realistic expectations and evaluation of his play (plus highlights of his 1st two KHL starts): Maple Leafs Prospect Report: Artur Akhtyamov

And from start #3:

9.png
Artur AkhtyamovToronto Maple Leafs52.27.9221300239107|
9.png
Timur Bilyalov82.41.9057100474180|
9.png
Amir Miftakhov13.12.87501005821|

His stats look impressive when compared to the (former?) #1 and #2 on Kazan

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
When do we bring over Grebenkin?

Also, I feel we should try to sign his teammate Grigori Dronov. Smooth skating defenseman, who likes to use the body. Off to a productive season.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Lisowsky's hands look better this year. Oddly though, it does not seem sidorov/lisowsky/wong is the top line. Molendyk is not even on that line.

Lisowky pp goal off a weird angle. Lisowsky scores another one from the point after receiving a penalty.

Empty netter makes the hat trick.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafChief

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Getting that many minutes for a legit KHL team at that age is a good sign, let alone putting up some points in the process. The loan to a KHL minnow last year helped him get adjusted and now he is holding his own on a team that is always built to compete where there is major competition for prime offensive minutes and PP time.

Reactions: LeafChief

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
Lisowsky's hands look better this year. Oddly though, it does not seem sidorov/lisowsky/wong is the top line. Molendyk is not even on that line.

Lisowky pp goal off a weird angle. Lisowsky scores another one from the point after receiving a penalty.

Empty netter makes the hat trick.
It's gonna be a very important year for him. He's gonna need to have a Voit-esque season to get a contract.

A lot of prospects will have very important years:
  • AHL : Max Ellis, Alex Steeves and Dmitri Ovchinnikov are all in their final years of their ELCs. Ellis and Ovchinnikov will need to take considerable step forwards to be considered for another contracts. Steeves needs to round out his game to prove he's a valuable call-up.
  • College: Mike Koster & Veeti Miettinen. Both entering their final years of College. Miettinen will need to become a over PPG producer. Koster will need to show continude development, he's a great skater so let's see how he does without Faber, Lacombe and Johnson on the back end. I also think it's an important year for Fusco. After the college transfer he's becoming close to that Schingoethe, O'connell point of no return.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It's gonna be a very important year for him. He's gonna need to have a Voit-esque season to get a contract.

• AHL : Max Ellis, Alex Steeves and Dmitri Ovchinnikov are all in their final years of their ELCs. Ellis and Ovchinnikov will need to take considerable step forwards to be considered for another contracts. Steeves needs to round out his game to prove he's a valuable call-up.
  • College: Mike Koster & Veeti Miettinen. Both entering their final years of College. Miettinen will need to become a over PPG producer. Koster will need to show continude development, he's a great skater so let's see how he does without Faber, Lacombe and Johnson on the back end. I also think it's an important year for Fusco. After the college transfer he's becoming close to that Schingoethe, O'connell point of no return.

Steeves might get an AHL contract after this

Koster could be good.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

On the College side I'm interested to see if Miller can build on last year and transition from "impressive freshman season" to "eye popping NCAA star that can't be ignored" At his size he needs to dominate offensively

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
On the College side I'm interested to see if Miller can build on last year and transition from "impressive freshman season" to "eye popping NCAA star that can't be ignored" At his size he needs to dominate offensively
Yea it'll be interesting to see if he can follow Abruzzese trajectory.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Think he's a smaller guy but maybe he's our Marchessault? Could beat the odds, has the talent etc, clearly.

I like following these guys, and cheering for them... but for every ten guys of these long shots, maybe one plays for us. At this stage, who even knows which one it will be... one of the Russian Kids, Voit, Lisowsky.. but it's good to see them excel at their current level.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I like following these guys, and cheering for them... but for every ten guys of these long shots, maybe one plays for us. At this stage, who even knows which one it will be... one of the Russian Kids, Voit, Lisowsky.. but it's good to see them excel at their current level.

Do we have a smaller Russian kid besides Ovichenikov or whatever?

Lis or Voit seem like the smart bets. Skill is there and if you're smaller, you better be fast.

I don't wanna go pure Burke going only for size but I would almost challenge the scouting staff on it, unless there is an elite trait or you're positive BPA is the smaller guy, the tie should go to a bigger player.

We're seeing most years, the bigger teams go deeper.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Do we have a smaller Russian kid besides Ovichenikov or whatever?

Lis or Voit seem like the smart bets. Skill is there and if you're smaller, you better be fast.

I don't wanna go pure Burke going only for size but I would almost challenge the scouting staff on it, unless there is an elite trait or you're positive BPA is the smaller guy, the tie should go to a bigger player.

We're seeing most years, the bigger teams go deeper.

I didn't mean to suggest anyone was bigger or smaller, just that they are longshots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad