Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospect Discussion

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Anyone have any info on our ncaa prospects
How did they do in season
Are they in the playoffs
A quick summary: Almost all of them had about the same kinda year they had last year (Miller, Miettinen, Koster,Schingoethe and Fusco). Not sure any of the guys have earned ELC’s. Leafs rights to Koster and Miettinen expire in August. Candidates for AHL deals.
Recently acquired Cade Webber was the Hockey East defender of the year, big dude, shot blocking machine, likely gets an ELC when the season ends.
‘23 Hudson Malinoski had a decent freshman year, tracking well. Team still has his rights for a long time.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
There is no market for Minten. We over rate our prospects. Right now we are ranked 28th but our fans think we have a good pool.With no picks next year we will soon be the worst in the NHL. If we hadn't traded Sandin and got Cowan we are dead last. Our players are fringe NHL ers outside Cowan. The evidence suggest we draft very poorly and get players later for a reason, no one wants those guys. 4th line C, 6 and 7 dmen if that. Every team has those and they are easy to pick up. Look at this way..If we take out Cowan not one player would get more than a second rounder. It also means we are hand tied next TD.
These posts are just so damn uneducated.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
A quick summary: Almost all of them had about the same kinda year they had last year (Miller, Miettinen, Koster,Schingoethe and Fusco). Not sure any of the guys have earned ELC’s. Leafs rights to Koster and Miettinen expire in August. Candidates for AHL deals.
Recently acquired Cade Webber was the Hockey East defender of the year, big dude, shot blocking machine, likely gets an ELC when the season ends.
‘23 Hudson Malinoski had a decent freshman year, tracking well. Team still has his rights for a long time.
I think we can 99% guarantee Webber gets offered.
Otherwise, why bother trading a pick for him?

For reference only, for those who are unaware (likely a few I didn't know where this was):

1711916625241.png

4 to cut bait on.

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
This was posted in the minor league forum. If the Growlers cease operations on Tuesday, who do you think would be a good place for Marlies spares next season?

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
This was posted in the minor league forum. If the Growlers cease operations on Tuesday, who do you think would be a good place for Marlies spares next season?

I think Kitchener/Waterloo or London area would be good and probably could create enough interest to support them.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
There is no market for Minten. We over rate our prospects. Right now we are ranked 28th but our fans think we have a good pool.With no picks next year we will soon be the worst in the NHL. If we hadn't traded Sandin and got Cowan we are dead last. Our players are fringe NHL ers outside Cowan. The evidence suggest we draft very poorly and get players later for a reason, no one wants those guys. 4th line C, 6 and 7 dmen if that. Every team has those and they are easy to pick up. Look at this way..If we take out Cowan not one player would get more than a second rounder. It also means we are hand tied next TD.
Well....we do have 7 picks this year

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Well....we do have 7 picks this year
Ya but some publication ranked the Leafs prospect pool as 28th in the league so that's gospel.

Never has one of those lists been incredibly wrong and the team at the top of that list always wins the Cup so it is what it is.

/s

Reactions: kb

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I think we can 99% guarantee Webber gets offered.
Otherwise, why bother trading a pick for him?

For reference only, for those who are unaware (likely a few I didn't know where this was):

View attachment 844162

4 to cut bait on.
pretty confident I read a post on twitter last week that insinuated that Webber intends to sign with us at the conclusion of his season.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

Less than 4k per game for 5 years now.

But would London support 2 professional teams? Knights and Growlers?
Even if ahl London only drew 6500, it would still be an above average ahl franchise.

Knights fans know tickets are hard to come by and are sold out months ahead of time.

London and surrounding area(population 500,000+) is fairly hockey crazy.

Reactions: Roadhog and TMLAM34

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I wonder if the Leafs are gonna sign Miettinen and Koster? Both could return to the NCAA for a 5th season but I think if they have any sort of pro career this is the time to sign. I'm not a big fan of Miettinen but I do think Koster has some intriguing potential.

Reactions: LeafSteel

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I wonder if the Leafs are gonna sign Miettinen and Koster? Both could return to the NCAA for a 5th season but I think if they have any sort of pro career this is the time to sign. I'm not a big fan of Miettinen but I do think Koster has some intriguing potential.
Miettinen hasn't really improved his play much since his junior year.

Koster at the very least should get some run with the Marlies to see if he can hack it. He is a pretty decent player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad