Marlies GDT: Marlies Calder Cup Champions!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Hyman Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Marner
Kapanen Tavares Brown

Which one is 3a because all I see are 1a 1b and 1c.
Why the hell would Brown be in the top 9 over Johnsson? I'd even put Johnsson ahead of Marleau in top 9 worthy players.

Assuming the Tavares fantasy doesn't come true, this is what I'd run:

Grundstrom-Matthews-Marner
Marleau-Nylander-Kapanen
Johnsson-Kadri-Hyman
Leivo-Aaltonen-Brown

Maybe switch Johnsson and Grundstrom, not sure.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Why the hell would Brown be in the top 9 over Johnsson? I'd even put Johnsson ahead of Marleau in top 9 worthy players.

Assuming the Tavares fantasy doesn't come true, this is what I'd run:

Grundstrom-Matthews-Marner
Marleau-Nylander-Kapanen
Johnsson-Kadri-Hyman
Leivo-Aaltonen-Brown

Maybe switch Johnsson and Grundstrom, not sure.
I'd go in thinking Grundstrom has to steal a job, doubt the Leafs pencil him in during their off season plans, unless Dubas makes a bold move for a good D and we thin out our forwards, don't bring anyone else in.

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
neither grundstrom nor johnsson will play on the top line. grundstrom probably won't even make it out of camp.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
That Grundstrom - Aaltonen - Johnsson line is very interesting.

Wondering how they would translate as a line in the NHL. Super speedy. Hard on the puck. Could look great.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to see them together in the preseason to find out.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I'd go in thinking Grundstrom has to steal a job, doubt the Leafs pencil him in during their off season plans, unless Dubas makes a bold move for a good D and we thin out our forwards, don't bring anyone else in.

Do the leafs have eight wingers in the organization who are better than Grundstrom?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Fair read. I expect Johnsson is penciled in as a for sure roster spot next year, Aaltonen could fight for fourth line center and Grundstrom will be given a long look, but would be a surprise right out of camp. And Dermott is top four next year, what a beast.

I thought that I had figured out which players would be in the line-ups the following season, but I failed almost every time. So I just admit defeat and move on.

For example: Kapanen has an unreal playoff series against the Capitals last year. Scores a couple key goals, has elite speed and is exactly what you're looking for. BUT, he doesn't start the 2017-18 season on opening night. Matt Martin starts on the 4th line, Marleau is signed in the off-season & Babcock still likes Komarov on his team.

I would guess that Dermott would be a #5 to begin next year. I know the treatment that Rielly got to learn the defensive game and then be rewarded with power play time. I think that Dermott will get that next year.

Reactions: DarkKnight

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
neither grundstrom nor johnsson will play on the top line. grundstrom probably won't even make it out of camp.
What LWer is definitively better than Johnsson?

Who's the 8th winger more deserving than Grundstrom to play this upcoming season?

Obviously Grundstrom has to earn his spot but Dubas loves his Marlies guys, I don't know why he wouldn't be thinking at least one of Grundstrom or Engvall or some dark horse couldn't earn a spot. And then it just comes down to not needing your best LWer on a line with your best C & RW, just need someone who complements them and I think Grundstrom would compliment them more than Johnsson even though I think Johnsson would work well there too.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

Wondering how they would translate as a line in the NHL. Super speedy. Hard on the puck. Could look great.
That s gotta be an NHL line
Even if its your 4th line
Actually u could argue that 5 marlie forwards deserve a shot at the big club

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Feel like Grundstrom has to be a Berman guy, regardless of how early he was taken.

Could be for sure...thommie has a lot of respect within the org. That said Hunter is a known rink rat and likely had his own viewings of Grundstrom.

I imagine he'll be a wonderful replacement for the corpse of Komarov

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
It would be nice. Will be interesting to see what we have in Lindholm as well.

Maybe we'll get a look in the rookie tourney? Would be helpful to see what Lindholm can do on NA ice, even if its against kids.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

I think those three may just be the leafs 4th line to start the season next year

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Could be for sure...thommie has a lot of respect within the org. That said Hunter is a known rink rat and likely had his own viewings of Grundstrom.

I imagine he'll be a wonderful replacement for the corpse of Komarov

Have to get in line, Johnsson already replaced Komarov. We do need a JVR replacement, however. Think Grundstrom can score in the NHL?

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Down here in Pennsylvania and saw game 3 live a total demolishment. I expect it to be over in 4. Marlies too deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad