Marlies GDT: Marlies Calder Cup Champions!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
It definitely would be interesting to see how everything would shake out if Nylander was moved to Center this year.

Johnsson - Matthews - Hyman
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
????????? - Nylander - Kapanen
????????? - ????????? - Brown

Rielly - ?????????
Hainsey - Zaitsev
Dermott - ?????????

Andersen
McBackup

*Gardiner traded. Martin disappeared. Leivo buried.

Then maybe someone like Grundstrom can crack one of those last 2 LW spots.

I like it as a framework to start with...
I don't think it will be McBackup next season. Both of Sparky and Pick need waivers. We'd lose one for sure if not both.

I'm hoping we can do Carolina a favour and take Darling. They retain, we send them McB and we are rewarded with something for our troubles. We put Darling on the Marlies with Sparky as the back up with the Leafs. Try to get something for Pickard as well.

Darling/KK on the Marlies. Unless Woll wants to come out early.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
Man... Lehigh valley really like to grease it up. Lots of extra s*** and high hits so far. That’s fine but if they go too far I hope the refs actually make the calls. Can’t say I put too much faith in AHL reffing tho

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It definitely would be interesting to see how everything would shake out if Nylander was moved to Center this year.

Johnsson - Matthews - Hyman
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
????????? - Nylander - Kapanen
????????? - ????????? - Brown

Rielly - ?????????
Hainsey - Zaitsev
Dermott - ?????????

Andersen
McBackup

*Gardiner traded. Martin disappeared. Leivo buried.

Then maybe someone like Grundstrom can crack one of those last 2 LW spots.

I like it as a framework to start with...

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
???-Nylander-Kapanen
Johnsson-Lindholm-Leivo
Gauthier/UFA

Rielly-???
???-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey/Ozhiganov
Ozhiganov

Andersen-Backup

PK Forwards: Lindholm/Gauthier (C), Kapanen, Brown, Hyman (C), Johnsson
PK Defense: Rielly, Zaitsev, Hainsey/Ozhiganov, Dermott, at least one of the ???'s.
PP Forwards: Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kadri, Marleau, Leivo, Kapanen, Johnsson, Brown (??? guy possibly as well; assumed that Lindholm and Hyman are going to play a lot of PK)
PP Defense: Rielly, Zaitsev (maybe Dermott or one of the ???'s if Zaitsev plays too much PK)

???'s are filled through trade or UFA. Gardiner, Carrick, Martin (possibly) and two of the goalies traded. Gardiner would only be traded if one of the top 4 holes are filled by his return, either directly or indirectly.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
A lot of F***ING stick work by the phantoms in this game, good thing the AHL has competent reffing..... wait.... :help:

kyle n00bas

Dec 10, 2017
Pretty good road period. Lehigh Valley are finishing every check but we're still controlling the play and not taking any dumb retaliatory penalties.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That should be an additional penalty on Sanheim TBH. You don't look into the net to see a goal has been scored and then take a cheap shot when you know the play is over

Reactions: supermann_98

kyle n00bas

Dec 10, 2017
Johnsson!

They're lucky Sanheim didn't get an additional penalty (if not thrown out of the game) for that shot after the goal. What the crap was that?

First goal was huge in any case. I'm liking our chances now.

Reactions: supermann_98

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
That should be an additional penalty on Sanheim TBH. You don't look into the net to see a goal has been scored and then take a cheap shot when you know the play is over
That was my exact point earlier. It’s fine to play rough but you can’t just goon a guy after he scores. Refs should be all over that

kyle n00bas

Dec 10, 2017
Might've gotten away with interference a little bit but Dermott's pretty good with that old school hip check lol

Last edited:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Johnson needs more than a 4th line role next year.

Damn Greening got Robbed.

The more I think about it, Greening is a better player than Matt Martin but got buried.

Edit* played better in that 30th place season.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Johnson needs more than a 4th line role next year.

Damn Greening got Robbed.

The more I think about it, Greening is a better player than Matt Martin but got buried.

JVR's spot will be ripe for the taking.

Reactions: Boutette

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
In a parallel universe there exists a universe where Marincin has the IQ and confidence to be able to play his game at the level he plays in the ahl. He looks like drew doughty at times when I watch him in the ahl lol. Crisp passes, great rushes, calm and collected. Sucks that he cant ve trusted at the nhl level anymore and Babcock doesnt want him in the lineup. He is the exact type of player we need but we need a nhl version of him

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Anyone who still thinks Liljegren was better off in sweden over this type of playoff atmosphere and experience he’s getting on the Marlies?

He’s not setting the world on fire offensively but that will come, he’s handling himself quite well as an 18 years old

Reactions: LeafChief
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad