Marlies GDT: Marlies Calder Cup Champions!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
i'm very impressed by the Marlies being so good at churning out NHL talent while also remaining absolutely dominant. What a team

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Engvall's reach must be super obnoxious to face against. He broke up a couple of plays with his stick in a shift.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Johnsson is just a great player. Babcock must be smiling "see I told you he is really good". As more games go on, the more Babcock's developmental plan is looking right.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I thought the 5 minute major to Lyon was a little generous but Lehigh Valley really just haven't played well at all in a must-win game.

I'm not sure I've seen a goalie pulls anything that nasty since Tom Barasso broke Yannic Perreault's arm.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
This better be our 4th line next year:

Grundstrom Aaltonen Johnsson

I would expect Johnsson to be the one to get the job out of camp next year.

Aaltonen is going to be in a battle for a spot, but could be given the nod.

Grundstrom is likely to spend some time with the Marlies before getting the call-up.

All 3 have been unreal during the playoffs though. It could make some decisions hard during the off-season.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Still haven't lost a game since Johnsson + Dermott came back for game 5 of the first round. I can't even imagine if Kapanen had come back too.

I don't know, according to a number of people on this site, even if Johnsson leads the team to the Calder Cup and wins the playoff MVP, he will still have proven absolutely nothing.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

Grundstrom is likely to spend some time with the Marlies before getting the call-up.

All 3 have been unreal during the playoffs though. It could make some decisions hard during the off-season.

Alternatively, it could make for some very easy decisions during the off-season.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I don't know, according to a number of people on this site, even if Johnsson leads the team to the Calder Cup and wins the playoff MVP, he will still have proven absolutely nothing.
When are you going to stop crying?

You don't give a player like Johnsson a multi-million dollar contract after less than 20 games in the NHL.

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt but you are dead wrong.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Fair read. I expect Johnsson is penciled in as a for sure roster spot next year, Aaltonen could fight for fourth line center and Grundstrom will be given a long look, but would be a surprise right out of camp. And Dermott is top four next year, what a beast.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
When are you going to stop crying?

You don't give a player like Johnsson a multi-million dollar contract after less than 20 games in the NHL.

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt but you are dead wrong.

Boy you have a stick up your butt. My suggestion is to pull it out. You might feel better.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Boy you have a stick up your butt. My suggestion is to pull it out. You might feel better.
marleau-6.jpg

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Boy you have a stick up your butt. My suggestion is to pull it out. You might feel better. The kid has proven a lot. To dismiss it all with a wave of a hand is pretty silly. Especially since the Leafs have handed players a lot more for accomplishing a lot less in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad